Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Forum Will Be Closed Temporary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi

we upgraded our picture host & did some change on it yesterday. but unfortunately we missed all user data from our database but all old picture exsist.
we apologize for this & ask you if you want register there again.

Sorry ....:smile:
Hi

for some improvement on forum, we will close forum tomorrow (12-Aug-2010) for 2 or more days ...
please be patience...
thumbup
we are eagerly waiting for this improvement. At the same time, we are expecting some new excitement events in our favourite and useful number one forum in the world.

I will recommend if is possible to inform us by e-mail when forum will be ready for use.

(08-11-2010, 07:11 PM)igor1234 Wrote: [ -> ]I will recommend if is possible to inform us by e-mail when forum will be ready for use.

we will inform you by our Google Group.
If you didn`t join our Google Group Join NOW
Hi

as you know we have SQL connection errors these days, this error because of our server capacity, due to high server load we need dedicated or strong VPS host ... at now it is impossible to immigration to another host.

we will close forum to solve this problem. if the problem not solve we decided what we do.

CivilEA team are sorry for these errors & hope all things OK again.

regards
admin
i did some minor change...
test if error continued we will closed forum temporary ...
Dear Admin,

For the last days it has been incredibly difficult for me to access but mainly to navigate through the site (as I think has been for many of u too).

While I know nothing about programming, systems, hosting and the like, am goint to give some thoughts:

1. You have always financially supported this site for yourself. If money is an issue for moving the site out to new servers/hosts, maybe you could ask for donation from forum members. Most of the members will understand that either they donate money, or the site may be gone forever. Donation can be to an account in PayPal that you could open.

If don´t want to open this to all of the members forum, you could ask for support for VIPs, Moderators and up, although the number of members able to donate would be evidently small.

In the past (when used to have time left...) I used to navigate through the site S O F T archive and they wen´t through the same. They ended up solving the problem asking for donation from the members, and the last thing I knew (2 years ago or so) they even bought 2 servers and changed hosts with the money rised. You still can see in their site a small pig with the legend "Please donate. Help keep this site going".

2. If at the moment the site is overloaded with users, maybe you can consider closing down new members registration temporarily. If number of members keep increasing everyday, the overloading will get worst.

I don´t know if those are real options, but may help.

Best regards,
registration was closed to prevent overload by new user.
please report me about performance of site, if error less or not, report anytime any days, because we are working on site ...

tnx for all
At this time the web page runs well... didn't have any problem to get in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6