Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Forum Will Be Closed Temporary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think we should stop voting at least for rew days until our members redesigne their logos. There is no point on voting if the logos are going to change from day to day. Maybe now I like some other logo much more than tho logo I voted for few days ago.

Suggestion: stop the voting for week or so. Leave enough time designers to do their job and then start a new/ fresh pool.

With regards,
Grunf

p.s.
I like the "modern" look of the CivilEA look in logo C, but I prefere green looking background of the logo, so I voted for A. Logo B is too colorful for me (don't put too many colors on the logo - three colors are enough - green, grey and white are fine)
voting stop;
designer can redesign logos up to 30-March. send me their updated alternatives.
in this topic user can discuss about hint to improve logos.

Regards
Admin
in my Suggestion logo A is better than others
in my Opinion Background color of Forum can be lighter than now
if background color is dark its better for logos color that was light
Dear colleagues,

I uploaded the logo C's files, so anyone can modify, upgrade it with his/her own ideas and share on the forum. I believe that the aim is to create a great logo, so we can do it together, I don't care about the prizes.

I created the logo mainly with GIMP (free software), and the box with letters with google sketchup (free as well), I attached every part of it, so you can modify. I think with more ideas we can create a better design.

download header C, 3.4 MB
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

GIMP
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

SketchUp
Code:

Regards,
rusty
On logo A, why don't you do a mirror look on the text. In otherwords, make it look like the text is sitting on a shiny surface. That sometimes adds a nice look.

On logo B, I would recommend working with the text to make the "Civilea.com" part more predominant.

On logo C, I would make the finite element map gradient fade out over the whole distance in the background. You could even map that finite element picture to a sphere and substitute it for the square with the letters 'E' & 'A'.

Overall, they are all great designs.thumbup
Option-1 of type A looks good.
other alternative of LOGO B

[Image: logo3%20var%203.jpg]

[Image: logo3%20var%204.jpg]

[Image: logo3%20var%205.jpg]

[Image: logo3%20var%206.jpg]

[Image: logo3%20var%207.jpg]

[Image: civilea-1.jpg]

[Image: civilea-2.jpg]

[Image: civilea-3.jpg]
I think B1 & B2 have it all: Steel, RC, Detailing, Structures thumbup
All those 3 logos are representive and ingenious but in my opinion i think that green colour on that shade it would be kept because it is beautiful.
After that in logo B the 1st option is good too because that beam is coloured like in a FEM analyses in the tension map.
In logo C there are another good ideas because on the background of that shearing cube, which is another thing very representive there is the world map; this thing means "the civil engineering association from all over the world"- means unity, a whole, the mankind who share ideas, information, thoughts, etc about engineering, civil engineering, in another words "human engineering"
I would like those logos if there were some geotechnical features, like a drill, or a soil sample whereever the designers want.

Best regards,
3fan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6