CivilEA.com
  • Subscribe !
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
Civil Engineering Association Various Free Discussion [REQUEST] Anonymity online "torproject.org"

[Request] Anonymity online "torproject.org"
 ykhackhack

Not-Activated

United States
User ID: 36960
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 817
Threads: 59
Likes: 3,670 in 707 posts
Given Likes: 8693
#1
12-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Browsing Internet safely is utmost problem for everybody
These days the Internet is like a a jungle.
Not only for ordinary browsing, for business transactions and also for our kids' browsings
Everybody watches everybody (feels like it)
Using add-ons somewhat prevents google, facebook, twitter, and thousand others who are trying to learn your browsing habits , your activities, etc.
It is an on-going battle we have to deal or give up. It is just part of game. Some looses some gains.

I came accros this web site, and I was wondering if anybody has experience, knowledge about it
I have installed on my computer but I am not sure how to properly configure it so it does not bug down my internet browsing, or another question is that is it really safe like they say.

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and upgrade your account to see this content.
🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽
See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:
👉 CLICK HERE 👈

[Image: 69777233471536280063.jpg]




  â€¢
 BennyP

Valuable Former Deputy

Retired Moderator
United Nations
User ID: 842
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,034
Threads: 1,118
Likes: 30,986 in 4,091 posts
Given Likes: 612
#2
12-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Private Note:
I found it somewhere in september but because i don't feel (or i don't care) everybody watch me i left it in a folder and forget it (at home).

Last week my company begun to use Fortinet and almost every site i entered before was blocked.
Using Tor (and without any configuration excepting my I.E. Favorites import) all is transparent and the firewall have no idea about.
The browsing is a little bit slower but better than using programs like Hide MyIP and proxy servers. Of course it use fake IP addresses too but before protecting you against others in the WEB it protects you against traffic surveillance near you.

And is free.



[-] The following 3 users Like BennyP's post:3 users Like BennyP's post
  â€¢ ykhackhack, LiviuM, ska51
 ykhackhack

Not-Activated

United States
User ID: 36960
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 817
Threads: 59
Likes: 3,670 in 707 posts
Given Likes: 8693
#3
12-26-2012, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 02:16 AM by ykhackhack.)
Private Note:
I am getting to use it. I think it is good. A bit slow like you said. But it is OK. It has a link to a search engine (I think) called "starpage" in the toolbar. It does not record your IP. I check my real IP and IP used , they are different. But I dont know how safe it is to allow your computer being included in their relay network. So, for now I am using it as guest.
For example right now I am on it and no difference accessing civilea. But I had problem downloading from 4shared.com



[-] The following 2 users Like ykhackhack's post:2 users Like ykhackhack's post
  â€¢ LiviuM, ska51
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread

Designed by CivilEA - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode