Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Registration Closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
first step of clearance was run....

all "awaiting activation user" were deleted permanently....
about 3000 user deleted...
(11-09-2009, 01:28 PM)oanm2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Dizz and Imatoric:
My English is bad too (my grammar is worse), but ten months ago I was try to collaborate once a week or each 15 days... Then now I'm a active member...
If you have too few time to spending in this Forum, only with push the THANKS button correctly or give a useful commentary is enough (for me at least). The idiom is not a valid excuse, because everyone have access to Google Translate, Babel, or anything else tool to translate from my motherhood language to English.
Only try to collaborate, kindly... try
Post a question, a discussion theme, a report from your daily work, an structure, post a suggestion... try
Regards
oanm2000

I strongly agree English is not an excuse but for the translator to give us a proper translation, we must take care of the grammatical rules of our main language. Being active has its peculiarities so far I have not been able to clarify for the year and if I meet other users who have been promoted to VIP.

So little is said the administrator to close the records because the majority of members just looking to unload something and live in anonymity.

Maybe I ever did but it's much better to help others with what we know and so vice versa.

Let us hope the situation is not as radical as similar as in other music forums, that if not provide 2 CDs per week, you are written off automatically, which is personally very radical for who will get 2 CDs of old each week?? It is to say an example.

Hopefully the trend behaves the forum under this new decision. Greetings.
Dear Sonidero:
Do You think that We need "2 CD for week" for be a Forum member?
Sorry my friend, but we don't need that.
We need a smart idea, a little collaboration. Only.
How many structures you run under ETABS or SAP or under ROBOT? How many problems are you solved when your building model didn't run o jammed in an unknown error?
How many solutions you are founded to those problem you post in the Forum?
I'm sure that with only one or two experiences you post is enough for us. because is information, learning in process...
So my friend, let me invite you to share your experiences, because I think that every experience is good, because I know that the small experience doesn't exist, and because I know that don't matter how many years you have in the field ever, ever, you find a problem that could teach you something important for your profession, for share with us
My best regards to You
oanm2000
PS: Mexico is a wonderful place with a full experience solving foundation problems and building over problematic soils. Platiquemos sobre esas cosas... Saludos
(11-09-2009, 10:42 PM)oanm2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Sonidero:
Do You think that We need "2 CD for week" for be a Forum member?
Sorry my friend, but we don't need that.
We need a smart idea, a little collaboration. Only.
How many structures you run under ETABS or SAP or under ROBOT? How many problems are you solved when your building model didn't run o jammed in an unknown error?
How many solutions you are founded to those problem you post in the Forum?
I'm sure that with only one or two experiences you post is enough for us. because is information, learning in process...
So my friend, let me invite you to share your experiences, because I think that every experience is good, because I know that the small experience doesn't exist, and because I know that don't matter how many years you have in the field ever, ever, you find a problem that could teach you something important for your profession, for share with us
My best regards to You
oanm2000
PS: Mexico is a wonderful place with a full experience solving foundation problems and building over problematic soils. Platiquemos sobre esas cosas... Saludos

Dear friend.

First, I apologize, is that I finished not explain well. What of the two CDs was an example many forums (especially those in music) typically used to avoid contributions are plagiarized by others who only come to see that fish.

Taking reference to this example, hopefully not reach this fact that for example there will be an active member to contribute to two different files. Even if it might be a good idea at all whether reviews, books, etc etc but this decision is at the discretion of the moderators.

I personally am very sorry for causing confusion, but thanks for the interest. During the days we will be helping each other. Thank you very much for everything!!
i do agree with keeping the registration open to active members however , .....but activity period may be made slightly liberal so as to accomodatemembers who find this as a good forum but not able to login frequently during a month.....i myself find this forum very enriching and wish to contribute as i spend more time here in future ...

thx
(11-09-2009, 01:28 PM)oanm2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Dizz and Imatoric:
My English is bad too (my grammar is worse), but ten months ago I was try to collaborate once a week or each 15 days... Then now I'm a active member...
If you have too few time to spending in this Forum, only with push the THANKS button correctly or give a useful commentary is enough (for me at least). The idiom is not a valid excuse, because everyone have access to Google Translate, Babel, or anything else tool to translate from my motherhood language to English.
Only try to collaborate, kindly... try
Post a question, a discussion theme, a report from your daily work, an structure, post a suggestion... try
Regards
oanm2000
Dear friends,

i agree with this resolution. By the way, i'm new here.

see ya.
Hi!

I would love to contribute in one way or another, but i'm just a student right know and this forum is the gratest library I ever discovered.. as i grow & learn i promise i will contribute but for now.. i don't have nothing to contribute with, i'm still learning..

Thank you for this.. forum is inappropriate.. i would rather say living library :)
Dear Admin, Dell Brett, oanm2000, sonidero and dear colleagues :

This my first post, since mi registration on 06/24/2009.
(First of all sorry about my english).. :-)

I'm a structural engineer from Argentina. Learning and evaluating your posts & answers in this thread, and for nearly 5 months surfing this site... mmm.. you are absolutely right to defend and preserve this forum..

I decide, since now, to participate actively in this site... Usually, I don't like to suscribe in web sites or discussions in forums over the Internet, because I think is not very useful, most of them are not serious, lot of time consuming, and risky because hackers or virus activity. Aditionally, my daily time for surfing the web is reduced too (work reasons),
so I have to spend my web time in an eficient way..

Really.. this site is absolutely AMAZING.. and USEFUL.. and INSTRUCTIVE...
A Very Very good idea, and really a big effort.

Most of you, reading this post, sure now are asking about why I didn't participate actively until now..

The answer is simple.. I was downloading.. only downloading.. many hours at night every day, the last 5 months..
for me incredible.. the first month my wife didn't beleave me.. really she thought that the unique reason of my night
activity, is I was chatting with other woman very late at night.. :nono: finally I had to show her the civilea forum and explain
my activity.. very funny situation. :smile:

The next question (obviously).. What I did with Tons of downloads?? :blink:

the answer: ..study.. evaluating my hand calculations vs computer 3D models.. making comparisons and conclusions..
I really don't like too much the actual tendency to use a structural software as a "black box", without the necessary
knowledge..

The last question is : in 5 months you didn't post a pdf, book or soft?? why?? :no:

answer : why? because in my country, since 1982 the structural engineers use the CIRSOC codes, based on the older DIN codes
( very older ) DIN 1045, DIN 4227, DIN 1055, etc.. for 20 years we studied, experiment and made software specifically for
those older DIN codes.. (since 1994 I'm registered user of SAP90 now obsolete and I programmed postprocessors based on DIN)
so, for us, the natural evolution is to adopt the Eurocodes (as Brazilian engineers).. I assisted to specialized courses
relating to Eurocode..

But one day... the Argentine goverment (the most corrupted in our history) took the decision to adopt the American codes
(ACI,AISC,LRFD,etc), (Economical, political or corruption ($$$$) reason ? we don't know. I'm sure that the decision was
not based on "knowledge". The Argentine authority justify the decision saying that the "Eurocode is too complicated and
too theoretical" ???????!!!!! (no comments) :mad2:

IN CONCLUSION : all argentine civil engineers (35+) need to review all our knowledge in concrete
and steel structures. The only advantage is that there is a lot of software based on the american codes.
And in the universities, there are very few courses and professors, who can explain in detail the new codes.
And no seriously postgraduate courses available at this time... so, we have to study by our own.. and quickly.

This is the main reason why CivilEA Forum is INVALUABLE for me.

Dear Admin :
at this time, as a frequently contribution I can post the older CIRSOC codes, the new codes, and many problems
and comparisons related... may be useful only for argentinian engineers, not for all users in this forum, who have years
of experience using ACI, AISC (ASD or LRFD), or similar codes as COVENIN in Venezuela.. and all material is written in
spanish..

Sorry about the extension of the post.
I consider necessary to explain my point of view, and the sense of my future interventions in CivilEA forum. :yes:

Best regards for all colleagues.

Hernan Sotero Gonzalez
Structural Enginner
hi

see it from the good side.... you will be able to compare eurocodes with american codes and pass the knwoledge to the forum !!!

regards
Dear mig21 :

You are right, that's a good and very interesting side of the problem...:yes:
as soon as posible I'll start posting results, comparisons and the codes.

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4