Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: CRSI DG 318-19 Protected by FileOpen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know how to decrypt a pdf that has been protected by FileOpen?
Maybe this python script can help you:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
Ya, tried that with no luck.
Why not to post the PDF so many users can try to help you ?
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

I was unable to open the file in any pdf reader.
Searching google , the answer was to use adobe acrobat and install fileopen add on
after that trying to open the file :
"Document Access Denied: Publisher Permission Required
You have reached this page because of a failed attempt to open a file that was encrypted using the FileOpen document security software. The issue is not related to installation of the FileOpen Client (you were brought to this page by the FileOpen Client), but rather to the publisher of the document not having granted you access.

FileOpen Systems provides tools to publishers, but we do not decide who should be allowed to open documents. You must therefore contact that publisher and request permission to open the document. Please note the error message you received prior to being redirected to this page, and present the text of that error to the publisher.

If you do not know the identity of the publisher of the document you may contact FileOpen Systems to obtain that information, in that case please submit a technical support request here."
My google search came to a conclusion that "Advanced pdf password recovery v1.31" could be a solution. I was not lucky to find the same.

Note: Newer version will not work.
I have tried an older version of that program but doesn't work.
Download this small program which run on command prompt:
Code:

Extract it.
Put your pdf file in [your desired directory]\bin (or same location as qpdf.exe)
Run cmd in [your desired directory]\bin ==> your will go to dos prompt command line.
x:\bin> qpdf --decrypt your_file.pdf  your_output_filename.pdf
x:\bin> exit.
Let's try to open  your_output_filename.pdf, there should not have any password protect.
Good luck.
First day i tried at least 20 programs dealling with PDF from my collection.
Used phyton scripts and so on too. Because was no good result i decided to not post about.
Now i tried the above but the result is
[Image: 21132432327831273636.gif]
Pages: 1 2