Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Report Duplicate Thread Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dear All,

With Reference to Below Discussions,
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

I am Starting this thread with all of your cooperation.

Always Search before posting to avoid Duplicate Thread. In case if anybody found Duplicate thread, Please kindly report here. So that our respected Admin or Moderators can Merge this Threads.

During last days I found some duplicate threads and I reported to Mr.Grunf (one of our Best Moderator) and merged.Here is that Links( for example)

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

Code:

Please kindly Cooperate all to make our Great CivilEA always Best.

Here is a new Duplicate Thread Link.

Code:

Dear kvtasp,
Nice work on this great forum but in the future you can report a post (dead link, duplicate, etc.) either just pressing the button "Report" or replying in the special section of the forum where I can see that you replyed in the past, before become a VIP, see:
Code:

because the section of the forum entitled "Private Inquiries"
Code:

means that everyone can post about:

This forum allows you to talk privately with staff about any issues you have relating to the forum:

- Questions about moderation
- Questions about accounts
- Questions about warnings
- Questions about reported posts
- Questions about rules
- Feedback for the staff

And "Suggestions and Complains" is about all you can post in order to this forum that must works without any problems.
This is my opinion.
P.S. :t hreads you were reported , merged together.
Regards,
3fan
no no... do not report dead links via the Report button. When you press the Report button, it says, I quote:

Quote:You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse.
Yes, you are right Grunf and reporting post with dead links via "Report" it is considered as spam. But the second choice would be good.
Regards,
3fan
Dear All,

Please let me talk something.

All of us know that our Admin started a new forum for Private Inquiries.Thanks for that.
But If somebody found a duplicate thread while searching and posting time, they will post in Private inquiry (as per Mr.3fan suggestion). This Private inquiry can see only by the Thread starter and the staff members.In that case If I will report some duplicate thread posted by some other members,it will merge by moderators, that time the Original Thread starter (The person who started Duplicate thread) will not aware of this.So may be next time also chance to do mistake from their side.All time it is not possible for our Admin and all our Moderators to check wheather the thread is duplicated or not.Because we all having our own duties and responsibilities.With in the limit this duties only everybody can do our Best for this Great Forum.But we need to make always our CivilEA Best.

I suggested(please don't feel bad anybody) to post in like this thread becase MISTAKE IS ALWAYS MISTAKE and can avoid through knowledge. In that way we can give an information or knowledge to the respected person.So that all (members who are visiting this duplicate thread after reporting & before merging - atleast keep 30 min after reporing ) will be aware about that case and next time they also will do their best.

"Always Search Before Posting"
We should keep our CivilEA ALWAYS TOP & BEST.

Regards
kvtasp
Please don't use report for dead links and duplicate posts. This is only for reporting spam, advertisements or abuse and every user using it not for the detailed reasons will be warned.

[Image: 88366795050316567097.gif]

Use the thread for reporting dead links and duplicates. We will check and edit the posts, delete or merge the duplicates. Reported post are not visible for users (only for moderators) and no one will see the new link request or the duplicate report excepting the moderators.
We ask every user if he see the reported dead link to add a new link, to help others and not to wait for moderators to do all the work. The forum is all users forum and we ask all users to help and share.

agree with bennyp;

report button for dead link is not good and true, post in topic with dead links and wants new one, our team and users renew links if can.
Of course, until now and I hope from now in the future everytime when a user wanted a material he/she posted in that topic( if links were all dead or a filesharing site did't work) "dead links, please reupload, please make a mirror" and moderators report dead links in editing posts and users who can will make mirror links. It is simple.
Regards,
3fan
Dear Admin,

Please let us know the Conclusion for this Discussion i.e.which way we can report the Duplicate Thread in our forum.So that it should be aware of all our members to avoid their mistake next time.Dead links we can report by asking mirror or request in that specific post.So that if somebody have,they can share it.But regarding duplicate thread we need at least this type of one thread to report.So that everybody will know their mistake.

This Duplicating will happen in future also.I am clearly telling this because "During last days I found some books in internet and planned to share this.But I need to know wheather this book already shared by other members.So I started to search in our forum.First I searched with Heading(Book name).That time I didn't get any result (not all time).Some time I am getting this by giving the 'half of book name' as search criteria.Some time the result getting through Author's name or Publishers name etc.But always all are not doing like this (Please don't feel bad).So in this way duplicating will happen.So we can't catch it.

For that only I requesting to our respected Admin and all members to start this type of one thread.So that If somebody found any duplicate thread they can inform and our moderators
can Merge it.

Here is a new duplicate thread.

Code:

"Always Search Before Posting"

Regards
kvtasp
Threads from abvove were merged together. Anyway there is a script in our forum that when you start a new thread and fill the box with the name of thread it shows to you if there are any duplicates. There is right that you can't avoid all duplicates 100 % because some of titles are not complete or in the title there are some characaters like "_ , - " etc.
So let see what others say about this, my opinion is that is a good ideea to post in this thread duplicate posts/threads.
Regards,
3fan
Pages: 1 2 3