Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Best Software for Blast Loading????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day Everyone,
If anyone have any idea about the Best Software for simulating BLAST LOADING on structures...
SAP or ETABS can't generate Blast Loading (dynamic) and its response,
No idea about STAAD.... Kindly tell me any software that do so....

Best Regards
The problem is not with software..
I think the problem is how to understand the behaviour of Explsions to act as a real action on the Building...

If you read ASCE for petro chemical industries code... ASCE defines many types of explosions with different wave effects in behaviuor and intesity...

I did some projects and I used Sap ... By applying time History analysis...
I think Midas and Sap (also Etabs) will be the best software because you can study also the Plastic Behaviour of building during the Explosion (Blast Loading)
Hello,
as long as I know, LS-DYNA is a software widely used to simulate blast loading. It is a Finite element program.
conwep is right software for blast and easy
As long as the software can do time history analysis, we used it, we must know the effect of blasting in time history graphic format, please refer to Blasiting load book. Bu as I know
the best simulation figure for blasting loading case is ADINA
Any software that can do nonlinear time history will do the job. Blast loading has to be converted into time history forcing function that will act on the structure for a specific duration of time.
i prefer adina and ls-dyna which widely using in simulations via fem methods