Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Best text book for Steel Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all!
Plz guide me ; which is the best text book for steel design as per american codes.
Thanks in advance
Atul
i like structural steel design by jack mccormac, this was our textbook in college & there is a new edition which i'm still waiting for someone to post here.
For American code with LRFD design, you can refer the Schaum's outline series book,
"Structural steel design" by Abraham rokach.

It is available in our forum in the following link:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
For LRFD,I like the book "Steel Structures. Design and Behavior" by Salmon & Johnson. Its a very complete book. I use it in my course.

It is available in this forum
How about for BS code?..Which text book is the best?.. Grin
For BS code, I would like to recommend "Structural steelwork, Design to limit state theory" – T J MacGinley & T C Ang. This book is also available in our forum. This book has presented the basic theory as well as a lot of example make it easy understanding.

Regards,
How about the Australian Codes? Can anyone recommend any steel design books based on AS4100?

Regards