Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: how to change uesr name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how to change my user name.i checked in "Usercp" but not able to find details about user name change.can anyone help.
There is a thread called Change User ID.
But if you are not an active member you can't change your username.
(02-10-2011, 03:48 PM)iceman84 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a thread called Change User ID.
But if you are not an active member you can't change your username.

I have a different problem. I have forgotten my user name. How can I retrieve my user name. I have the cookies enabled on my laptop so I can automatically log in to the forum but I cannot log in from any other computer. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance.
If you can login you can see your user name in User Control Panel.
Enter User CP and you will see your user name and more.
My status in the forum is "going to be active" after how many posts i will become a proper member of the forum.
Thanks
Dear members,

You CAN'T change your user name anymore. There was a time when you could ask Admin to change your user name, but now this option is disabled, so please stop asking to change your name.

It is confusing when you find someone's old reply to a member who doesn't exists in the same thread anymore (read: member changed his/hers name) - this is just one of the reasons why this option is disabled.

About the post count:

Inactive User: <5 posts
Going To Be Active: 5-20 posts
Engineer: 20-50 posts
Semi Active Engineer: 50-150 posts
Active Engineer: 150-300 posts
Professional Engineer: >300 posts
Living-a-Virtual-Life Engineer: >100000 posts (just kidding)

IMPORTANT: Do NOT boost your post count with all kind of crazy/ useless posts yust to become one of the above mentioned Engineers. We don't need here Greedy-Active Engineers or something similar. Please, don't flood the forum with numerous and useless posts.

With regards,
Grunf Engineer