Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Regarding To " Codes , Manuals, And Handbook"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dear Grunf,

I would suggest to include also MIDDLE EAST CODES. Here in Qatar, all construction should strictly be in accordance with the 2007 Qatar Construction Specifications (QCS) which superceded the 2002 edition. Other countries here like Saudi Arabia has also got their own codes; and of course, Iran too.

This would widen the scope of our CODE section and I believe would further contribute to the awareness of Civilea's members as far as codes are concerned.

Best regards,
SSI3K
Dear ssi3k,

Thank you for your contribution here. Look at post #18 and tell me your opinion on the update I've made. If you (or anybody else) think there should be something more added, you are welcome to make suggestions until friday afternoon - I would ask Admin to close this thread after this period so we can made changes in Codes, Manual & Handbook section.

Best regards
Grunf
Dear all,

I agree with Grunf suggestion (#18). I only think that the title "European Standards to be superseded by the Eurocode" should only be "European Standards".
I have my own library organized like this and it works for me. i think it is urgent to do something or else we will have chaos installed (because we are having more and more standards here). In the future we can make some adjustements.

Regards
Dear Grunf,

I think the arrangement shown in Post #18 is now OK and we can always add later if there are new suggestions, and thank you for incorporating my suggestion.

Regards,
ssi3k
Dear Grunf,

It is very good idea the codes section to be devided into subsections. Thanks to mecheil.edwar - for the idea, and to you - for the work.

I'm almost agree to the list in your post #18. But I don't like the part of it concerning the standards in Europe - European and National ones.

It is somehow confusing, and absolutely incorrect, to call Europian Standards "Eurocodes", while it is just the opposite - Eurocodes are those of the European standarts with numbers from EN 1990 to EN 1999. It is also confusing National Standards to be called European. I'm sure that you know this, and you only try to find a compact title for the new sections.

As the European Standards are being issued by CEN (European Committee for Standardization), I would suggest the following titles for these two sections:

- European Standards (CEN Standards)
CEN (European Committee for Standardization) - EN (including Eurocodes), BS EN and Annexes, DIN EN, and Annexes, etc.

- European National Standards
British Standards - BS, Deutsches Institut für Normung - eng. German Institute for Standardization - DIN, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.

I hope my suggestion will be helful.

Best regards

Dear datagap,

Great suggestion. Post #18 is updated and I just hope everything is OK. Now we have to wait Admin to find some spare time and to make those new subsections.

With regards,
Grunf
I suggest to move all the english version of codes out of non-international codes. The earlier idea to have non-international codes is to locate non english national codes.
I would suggest adding following standards in post #18
Russian building standards SNiP, GOST, SN, GESN, etc. in English

These standards are available in Forum
I remind to my dear colleagues that there is already a subsection where you can post codes and standards of other countries, not written in English, so that each one that requires them to locate there.
I understand that would be great to group them by area or continent, but beyond that I think a great effort and excessive: Only in South America have the standards of Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela (and at least 30 more) with significant differences between them, each country group in a subsection seems exaggerated to me (would have to open at least a 80 subsections, theoretically).
The Peixoto and Grunf´s idea, of grouping them into a thread, and go feed it with revisions and new editions it seems more viable, or, at best, grouped by continent or geographic area (Middle East, Pacific Islands, Africa Central, Central America, etc...)...
Just a mention: How many languages ​​are there in Europe? No you should start a subsection for each language? ... It is best to group, and anyone who requires information that has the patience to search ...
It is my humble opinion
Regards
oanm2000,

To reiterate my post #27, isn't the earlier idea of non-international codes meant for codes not in english? but as of now, many national codes in english are there. eg. australian standard and indian standard. they are in english.

Is there a chance of rules that i am not aware of?
Pages: 1 2 3 4