Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: SLAB Design using STAADPro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Experts of the forum,

i have tried to design slab using staadpro using plate element for IS:456:2002 but surprizingly it is giving me very high %steel. Slab is of 3.5X3.5 with loaded 10 KN/sq m. For 150mm thick slab it was giving me 16mm dia steel at 100mm c/c. i was shocked to get this... any advise... i do not claim to be good structural engg but still i know slab design via hand calc...

Regards,

Jay
Hi Jacs,
Is it a flat slab or a slab for beam-slab type?? cos it depends on property of the element defined.

Regrads
Lucky
Post your staad pro file so that we can check your design
its not flat slab but simple slab. will post staad file after reaching to office... i am out of office presently...anyone have expericne regarding slab design using staad... i mean what is the realiablity... under reinforced or over ...
you exactly right me too had experience in past for the same reason, i had left doing design in staad pro as per i am in india i am using struds that a best software for no tension as it is simple and directly related load as we study while in engineering. now i am thank full to you for same reason may i will get what drawbacks are there in designing a slab in staad pro