Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Lateral Analysis In ETABS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please Can anybody guide How can one do Lateral Analysis of building structures as per code UBC 97 including Building Frame System, Moment Resisting System and Dual System.:exclamation:
Yasir, define your load as "quake" and input the UBC97 code as your preference for ETABS to determine the seismic loads. Check the seismic load output of ETABS against what you are expecting. You can also put in your manually calculated floor shears based on UBC97 unto your rigid floor diaphragms.

regards,
juice
I found these PowerPoint slides on the net . It was great help for me. It gives a step-by-step Dynamic Analysis of Earthquake as per UBC97 in ETABS.
How can I apply building frame system ... i.e. How can all the Lateral forces be forced to taken by shear wall only
(04-20-2009, 05:58 AM)Yasir Wrote: [ -> ]How can I apply building frame system ... i.e. How can all the Lateral forces be forced to taken by shear wall only

modify the stiffness(es) of your frames to nil or zero; F=ku hence if k is nil and so the F's :angel:
more information?
(05-12-2009, 06:54 PM)fiff Wrote: [ -> ]more information?

What do you mean? expound your post and members could give you some help.
(04-20-2009, 05:58 AM)Yasir Wrote: [ -> ]How can I apply building frame system ... i.e. How can all the Lateral forces be forced to taken by shear wall only

I think, it is better to make two models. In 1st model you give pins at both column ends, so all eq load be taken by shear wall and do shearwall design. In 2nd model you design beams and columns according gravity load only, but you should confined reinforcement in the column to avoid prior shear failure (please refer to ACI318M-08 chapter 21). :)
hi
Investigation of behaviors of vertical R.C walls in multistoried (metal steel) buildings.

plz help
(06-07-2009, 08:28 AM)hassanda Wrote: [ -> ]hi
Investigation of behaviors of vertical R.C walls in multistoried (metal steel) buildings.

plz help

hi hassanda, can you be more specific what help (on type of behavior, shear wall-frame interaction, etc.) do you need?

regards,
juice
Pages: 1 2