CivilEA Virtual Workshop 2011 - Discussion Room
Current time: 12-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Grunf
Last Post: Administrator
Replies 28
Views 6784

CivilEA Virtual Workshop 2011 - Discussion Room
Hi thebeatles, It's a good idea if one of us can make the Briefing Design document and publish it for all team. But let someone else who offered to volunteer for this task, I´d already offered to develop the 3D model of the structural elements and share it as soon as i finish it.

We all have to participate actively in the development of the project and to date we are 20 members in the team.

Our admin needs help with this important document, so hopefully someone will volunteer to help him. He must provide some info that he´s the only one to know.

We have so much work to do and everyone's help is welcome.

To Mohseng and all the workshop team, I have the following questions and suggestions:

1 .- The project is limited only to structural calculations or we could generate engineering drawings for a more complete job?. Anyway, it is necessary to develop some (i think the most of it) details and drawings on the stage of calculation and design to meet dimensional restrictions. And, what about the structural calculation report?

2.- We must all have the same versions of the software to avoid bugs or issues presents in earlier versions that were solved in recent ones releases.

Regards
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to mccloud_1 for this post:
  • robertsas, Dell_Brett, Grunf, 3fan, thebeatles, giga, rezart, hmwere, ranger
Dear mmcloud and teams,

1. We should completely all drawings in a perfect for the project I think because of we may have used it for another projects in the future.

For engineering, the structural calculation report is the most important for evaluation the capacity and quatity of the project. I think we should do the structural calculation report as well.

2. I suggest Etabs 9.5 version.

Regards,
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to thebeatles for this post:
  • 3fan, giga, rezart, robertsas, ali akbar, ranger
Dear Team,

I will prefer Etabs 9.7.2... Why? not because is latest release but because there some issues fixed in this release.

Changes From 9.5 to 9.6
  • Vibration limit-state checking for floors according to AISC/CISC Design Guide 11 has been added to composite beam design for code “AISC 360-05/IBC2006.
  • Composite beam design has been added for code “AISC360-05/IBC2006”.

Changes From 9.6 to 9.7
  • Incidents were resolved for composite steel-beam design using code “AISC360-05/IBC2006” in which an exception (runtime error) could be generated while checking the vibration amplitude using the DG11 vibration criteria for beams with no real deck
  • An incident was resolved for composite beam design using code “AISC 360-05/IBC 2006” in which the frequency calculation needed for the vibration check failed with an exception (runtime error) when there was no dead load on the structure or the when the first load case did not include any dead load.

Changes From 9.7 to 9.7.1

Dont have this release notes

Changes From 9.7.1 to 9.7.2
  • An incident was resolved for composite beam design, affecting all codes except "AISC360-05/IBC2006", in which the value Neff = 1 was always used when calculating beam vibration, even if the user had overwritten this value. This error only affected the Murray damping check. The effect was always conservative, as Neff = 1 is the most conservative value. The vibration check using code "AISC360-05/IBC2006" was not affected.

This are only some problems that were fixed about AISC360 and composite beams and vibration.

Best Regards
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to yucapareja for this post:
  • 3fan, thebeatles, mccloud_1, robertsas, hmwere, rezart, giga, ranger
Dear Colleagues,

@ MohsenG : I am sure you had read all comment from Team. We need all data that missed from you that very important for Design Process.
Please send Us all PDF of all Floor/Level that already translated in English, so we could breakdown the Loading base on Code.

@ Team,

Thanks a lot for your activity.

Yes I am aggre we must create the Structural Report base on code that we use.

So I choose some voulenteer from Team to make the document :

1. CSI Group handle by "ingenierobo"
2. STAADPRO Group handle by "hmaida2008"

Please respons me quickly if you (both) can not handle it, so I will choose another.

If there another member (Team and Non Team) want share file/document and help ingenierobo and hmaida2008, please.. we are very appreciate it.

For BS Code and CSI Group, The important we could try to breakdown the loads base on Code. I am realize the drawing still in Arabic.

Regards,

Robert Sasmita
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to robertsas for this post:
  • mccloud_1, yucapareja, hmwere, 3fan, thebeatles, giga, ranger
Dear CSI Team,

I have prepared a sketch of the B.O.D. which you can download from the following link:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Any suggestion or comment to improve or correct it, regarding to context or format, is welcome.

Regards.

"Engineers can do just about ANYTHING" George Phelps
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to ingenierobou for this post:
  • 3fan, mccloud_1, Grunf, thebeatles, giga, Dell_Brett, ranger, Diquan, robertsas
Dear ingenierobou and teams,

Highly appreciate and thanks a lot your BOD, ingenierobou. I just have contributed some idea as below:
1. Of SI Unit, because the loading indicate on the code is kN-m, so it should be use kN-m(kPa) or N-m to supersede kg - m. Another reason is when we convert from kN-m to kg-m have a little bit difference because gravity accelarate g = 9.81.

2. The purpose of Workshop is for study, so we should indicate the address of source(Code..., Chapter..., rule..., Item...) for everyone easy referrence. For example with the SDL,
Floor Finishes:
- Ceramic or quarry tile(19 mm) on 25 mm mortar : 1.1 kN/m2 (ASCE 7-05, Chapter C3, Table C3-1)

3. About analysis method of LRFD and ASD: I'm not experrience much about LRFD and ASD, but anyone can suggest which is the best one for analysis of project or we have to do both analysis.

ingenierobou, can you explain for me to understand that why we Design of steel members shall be in accordance with AISC-LRFD meanwhile Design of steel connections shall be in accordance with AISC-ASD. Can We design members and connections base on LRFD only?

Another idea and comments is always welcomeHappy!

Regards,

[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to thebeatles for this post:
  • giga, mccloud_1, Grunf, ranger, robertsas
Dear CSI Team,

I have corrected B.O.D. incorporating comments made by thebeatles.
You can download the file from the following link:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

Text highlighted in green shows the new changes.
Text highlighted in yellow indicates that admin shall supply the missing information.
As mccloud_1 suggested, I will also upload the file in DROPBOX.
I would appreciate If anyone could please review, in Section 4.1.1 Dead Load, the item related to frame walls.

Waiting for any further comment or suggestion.

Best regards.
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to ingenierobou for this post:
  • mccloud_1, ranger, robertsas, Grunf, thebeatles
Dear ingenierobou and teams,

Thanks a lot your BOD revision, ingenierobou. I have contributed some idea as below:

1. The Concrete weight should be take Concrete reinforced : 23.6 kN/m3.
2. Frame walls:
- Windows, glass, frame and sash: 0,38 kN/m2
- Clay brick wythes:
+ 102mm : 1.87 kN/m2
+ 203mm : 3.78 kN/m2
+ 305mm : 5.51 kN/m2
+ 406mm : 7.42 kN/m2
What is information you need to review in this item ingenierobou, I think it very clear.

About Garages (passanger vehicles only) loading, amazing that the value 1.92 kN/m2 is smaller comparison with BS code that is 2.5 kN/m2.

Regards,
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to thebeatles for this post:
  • Dell_Brett, ranger
(06-04-2011, 09:51 AM)thebeatles Wrote: 2. Frame walls:
- Clay brick wythes:
+ 102mm : 1.87 kN/m2
+ 203mm : 3.78 kN/m2
+ 305mm : 5.51 kN/m2
+ 406mm : 7.42 kN/m2
What is information you need to review in this item ingenierobou, I think it very clear.

Dear thebeatles and all team,

As indicated in the BOD I am considering HOLLOW CONCRETE BLOCKS. I do not know which unit density should we use or grout spacing should we consider. Values are different for each condition.
What I am asking for, is if someone could indicate which DENSITY OF UNIT and GROUT SPACING should we use.

Regards.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ingenierobou for this post:
  • thebeatles, ranger
With relation to the version of the softwares, I think we should all use the latest versions.

In particular the Analisys & Design ones.

For CSI Team:

SAP2000 v.14.2.4
ETABS v.7.9.2

About the version of Autocad, all we have to keep the same saved file version that are saved in Autocad. I think 2007 would be the best.

Also we can use Autodesk Design Review 2012 to make the comments of the floorplans, details and 3D models of the project.

You can donwload it for free from here:

Code:

To BS team members should say which version of STAADpro work everyone.

Best regards.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to mccloud_1 for this post:
  • thebeatles, ranger

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
!!!! CivilEA Virtual Workshop STARTS !!! Administrator 38 9,397 04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Administrator