Civil Engineering Association
Copying the work - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: FAQs, Q&A, comments (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Copying the work (/thread-1903.html)

Pages: 1 2

Copying the work - Ultra Zone - 07-01-2009

To Admin and Moderators:

Recently I saw the Benny's presentation "Seismic Performance Assessment of RC Moment Resisting Frame Building". I appreciate the effort from Benny for our forum, specially because is a difficult issue to develop.

However, today I saw the Benny's presentation in a file sharing website, uploaded yesterday. This website is not even close a civil engineering site. I'm not going to put the link yet, if you desire I will put it.

I think if a member make a good effort for a post, he or she will be recognized and not copied. I think that post developed specially for the forum should to be in the VIP Section.

Regards.

RE: Copying the work - BennyP - 07-02-2009

This is not the only problem. Sometimes user download from here and put in other forums. We can't stop this and if the user is active in more than one forum is O.K.
We all use other sources and try to share here.
But we have one user (from Qatar or Egypt or from one of this countries and working in another) that copy almost every soft from our forum and post in another one.
I don't think he contribute here and publising our material like EXCLUSIVE in other forum irritate me.
Infortunately I have no solution.

RE: Copying the work - concreteok - 07-02-2009

Name him here. Members can him/her a piece of their mind. Great Admin will know what the best for him too!

RE: Copying the work - BennyP - 07-02-2009

I'm not a detective. This user post his first post in the second site in 25.05.09.
I suspect an user registered in our site in 16.05.09 but is a deduction based on a question he ask and a similarity between user names. Maybe Admin when will be comeback from the holiday, will succeed to identify him from the IP address used.
Meanwhile he received a lot of thanks fom all my Archon series and many others softs.

RE: Copying the work - ivanveliki - 07-02-2009

You can move your article to VIP section. I advice everyone who don't want his work to be copied and publish as other's work, ask Admin or moderators to publish it in a restricted area.

RE: Copying the work - concreteok - 07-03-2009

how about us? those non vip and non copycat? shuld us be jus left behind?

RE: Copying the work - amaranu - 07-03-2009

Hi, In my Openion we sould not get offended for these things. We are also getting so many things copied from other forum. Let us be open.. If we restricted and don't want others to copy then we may also not get..

Dear Brother Benny, this is only my view don't take it personally, you are a very good moderator hope you will understand

Regards,
Amaranu

RE: Copying the work - BennyP - 07-03-2009

Citing my self:

""Sometimes user download from here and put in other forums. We can't stop this and if the user is active in more than one forum is O.K.
We all use other sources and try to share here.""

I am member of a russian forum at least one year and downloaded good things. I only posted two-three posts and I feel guilty, but I can't contribute more because the language. The same for an arabian site. I'm not a member (you cannot registry if you don't understand) but sometimes download something.
If I own a big collection of engineering softwares is only because I searched and downloaded every thing. Here in this forum is my chance to share for others and I do that.
Again, for most of us using the english is not easy but is the only chance to be members of an international engineering forum.
Only taking in a forum like this one without geting someting, I can tolerate, but to take and to put as EXCLUSIVE in other one is different (my opinion).

RE: Copying the work - concreteok - 07-03-2009

Amaranu,

I have to say i dun agree with u. We can share with one another (even in another forum, honestly i am not any member of other forum at this moment) but its not like taking every 'exclusive product' here and post in other forum as if they made it. Tat's not right! If u 'fish' that from open servers like rs or 4shared, its perfectly fine but definately not taking every 'new release' here everytime and post a 'blockbuster' in another forum. can c why bennyp is so fed up here.

i am not a heavy (in fact very amateur) software user and will be alright if many threads moved to VIP section. just feel a bit unfair due to some bad apple, i am denied access to some areas.

Jus hope that when u guys see my request(normally in very desperate stage) for certain stuff which available in vip, u can help me out a bit.

RE: Copying the work - verongskey - 07-03-2009

Copyright is the issue here. If you want to protect your copyright. Well, I think we should also respect & protect the copyright of others, specifically those stuffs in the E-books and Software section. I guess you know those are all illegal copies. Furthermore, we all know those are copyrighted materials and yet we are uploading and downloading them without the consent of their publisher/programmer. Don't you think it is much more unfair to them considering that they spend a lot of time and money to develop their books & softwares? Now you want to protect yours? This is just my point of view.