Civil Engineering Association
Deleting comments from banned users - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestion & Complains (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-13.html)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-47.html)
+---- Thread: Deleting comments from banned users (/thread-18322.html)

Deleting comments from banned users - igor1234 - 11-03-2010

I would like to recommend one restriction.
If one user is banned then I think that he does not belong here and all his activities should be removed (like comments, messages,...)

Doing this thing we will clear his unreasonable activities.
For example I am having two messages from "BennyK " and "degenkolb". Both users are banned and also there comments are unreasonable.

I hope other user are sharing the same opinion.

RE: Deleting comments from banned users - Grunf - 11-03-2010

As for me, you can always ask me which comments you don't like and I can remove them from your Profile - no harm to anyone. Send me PM or write a Profile Comment and I'll delete any Comment you don't like as well I'll delete comment made by you concerning your wish of the comments which you want to be deleted.

One note - I don't want to delete comments of the forum staff. But I don't have a problem to delete comments of other members.

I'd like to hear other mods and protectors and admin as well what is their opinion about deleting user comments.

With regards
Grunf

RE: Deleting comments from banned users - parhyang - 11-03-2010

not all their activity can be categories as bad or unreasonable, sometimes they gave advice based on their experienced, post useful materials, etc.

pls selective to do it right. regards.

RE: Deleting comments from banned users - BennyP - 11-03-2010

Not every post of banned user was bad. Sometimes user was banned for too much faults, for creating a second account or insulting post and not for his other posts.
I believe new users can learn why we ban users if they will read so this is an example.
About comments in profiles i agree with Grunf. You can ask a moderator (please not all together) to delete other's comments in your profile and even the comments of the same moderator. I will not delete comments of other moderators but only user's comments or mine comments.

@parhyang: Maybe you get me wrong. I didn't said their (banned users) posts will be deleted - I agree there are some useful posts with useful comments... here we are talking about about deleting users comments in profiles - there is no need to have profile comments if you don't want them..

Regards
G

RE: Deleting comments from banned users - rendel_© - 11-03-2010

Only suggestion..
I think it is better to have delete option of our own profile comments, and only the owner of the profile or the one who sent comment can delete it.

As what suggested above that if we want to delete the comment, we will request to the moderators, it means we are adding the workload to our moderators.

@ reynand_d,

you said, I quote:
Quote:...it means we are adding the workload to our moderators.

I agree with you, but if this policy about the tool for deleting comments is available only for super moderators, protectors and admin let it be so (this is Admin's will) - not every member has a profile comment, not every member is interested about the look of the profile nor the amount of the recieved comments, I believe not every member even check the profile to see (to read) the comments - so it is OK to ask forum staff to delete unwanted profile comments - if this become something hard to do for the forum staff we'll change the policy - no worries.

With regards
Grunf

p.s. reynand_d, I have to thank you one more time for helping us having clean forum. we are grateful to you for the support.