Civil Engineering Association
Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Various (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Free Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes (/thread-18157.html)

Pages: 1 2

Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - edgars89 - 10-28-2010

Which are the best concrete bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes?

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - yly8 - 10-28-2010

i have heard that Sofistik is very powerful and great software on bridge designing, not just with concrete
Best regards

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - hanhart - 10-28-2010

Hi!

First of all, in my opinion there is none "the best" software for concrete Bridges. "The best" is that one, you can use it and you know how to use it.
At the office we use for bridges:
Bentley RM Bridge
Sofistik
Both cover Eurocodes, but none of them is perfect or "the best".
Best wishes!

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - giga - 10-28-2010

I also agree to with coment of yly8 that sofistik is very powerfool for analysis and design of steel, reinforced concrete, post tensioned, mix, etc, regarding to EC, but is not so user friendly.
One weak point is that he simplify models so much via discretizing them in one dimensional elements( beam bridges ).

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - essenza - 10-28-2010

I spoke to MIDAS IT support team, they said RM is the best but it is for detail design phase. While for prelim or basic design. MIDAS is very good too but i don;t know if they cover Eurocode there!

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - JAKUO - 10-28-2010

Staad Pro is the best in the world, but as one has said, you must know how the algorithm works, otherwise it will be useless, just as any other software, good bridge software should model and analyse geometrical non linearity and different materisls in the same analysis engine, therefore SAAP stands best to me and competes well with STAAD, but Saap has BriM, bridge Information Modellingwhich is quite easy to use.

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - josmmg - 10-28-2010

Sofistik is for me the best choice. The coverage of Eurocodes is very good.

The Sofistik team is trying hard to make it more user-friendly with the new features.
There is the new SSD desktop, which allows the user to define everything without having to type the commands in Teddy (text editor), and Sofiplus is now much more powerful than before.
However, I use Teddy input, because it is the most powerful way to model any type of structure.

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - w64bit - 10-28-2010

Try the new CSI Bridge.
It is based on SAP2000 which works with Eurocodes for more than 10 years.

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - ZHUKOV_ING - 10-28-2010

i dont agree with qrexus. CSi Bridge don't cover eurocodes, only AASHTO. but still the CSI bridge generator is very powerful.

RE: Best bridge engineering softwares based on Eurocodes - DamirDz - 10-28-2010

Hi there!

I'm not a bridge designer, but i've read about TDV being one of the most powerful bridge design softwares out there.