Civil Engineering Association
Inclined Strips in SAFE? - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Software (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: Software Installation Problems & Bugs (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-106.html)
+---- Forum: Archive Problem (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-28.html)
+---- Thread: Inclined Strips in SAFE? (/thread-1037.html)

Inclined Strips in SAFE? - Yasir - 04-06-2009

How to cut Inclined Strips in SAFE?
for an irregular building how to design for reinforcement?

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - aslam - 04-06-2009

Instead of going for inclined strips for irregular building, go for GENERAL FEM DESIGN. Provide minimum required steel in both direction, both face as per code req. and provide additional (extra) steel where needed.

Regards

(04-06-2009, 12:50 PM)Yasir Wrote: How to cut Inclined Strips in SAFE?

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - Yasir - 04-07-2009

but will it not be troublesome to handle a K shaped building to do like that... isn't there any more handy approach

(04-06-2009, 04:37 PM)aslam Wrote: Instead of going for inclined strips for irregular building, go for GENERAL FEM DESIGN. Provide minimum required steel in both direction, both face as per code req. and provide additional (extra) steel where needed.

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - aslam - 04-07-2009

If u have complex shape building, there must be some complication in reinforcement detailing. u can not have regular column or middle strips.
actually, inclined strips will be more difficult to handle.

so, provide min steel throughout. add extra steel where needed. take care about min clear distance between bars 9continuous & extra). extend extra bars for distance d from theoritical cut-off point.

regards

(04-07-2009, 06:39 AM)Yasir Wrote: but will it not be troublesome to handle a K shaped building to do like that... isn't there any more handy approach

(04-06-2009, 04:37 PM)aslam Wrote: Instead of going for inclined strips for irregular building, go for GENERAL FEM DESIGN. Provide minimum required steel in both direction, both face as per code req. and provide additional (extra) steel where needed.

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - san333 - 05-29-2009

Hi, I want to ask regarding the drawing option in SAFE v12.
Usually, we need to draw the drop panel first or slab first ? I know that the analysis result will be the same. The differences is when you draw drop panel first then draw the slab, later on when you left click in the drop panel area then the item you choose is the slab. not the drop panel.
Any option to maintain that the drop panel always on the top side (front side) even if I draw the drop panel first?
Because sometime I find difficulty when I want to re-assign one of my drop panel.
Thank you

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - fun113113 - 05-30-2009

After analysis, check the moments i.e M11,M22 ? how the contours are forming... with this you can easily know the shape and width of the strip? then you can draw the strips and run the analysis and detail it....

Frank

Regards

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - fashion - 07-24-2009

What is the difference between the strip design (as in previous versions of SAFE) and the FEM one?
Thanks in advance

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - tarugo - 07-24-2009

(07-24-2009, 02:27 PM)fashion Wrote: What is the difference between the strip design (as in previous versions of SAFE) and the FEM one?
Thanks in advance

Actually there is no difference between the FEM based design and design strips as far as the design results are concerned. The only difference of the 2 is the approach in determining and detailing the reinforcements from the design output. The strip based is the more straight forward approach while for the FEM design is based on the contour approach output.

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - sonidero - 10-14-2009

(07-24-2009, 03:21 PM)tarugo Wrote:
(07-24-2009, 02:27 PM)fashion Wrote: What is the difference between the strip design (as in previous versions of SAFE) and the FEM one?
Thanks in advance

Actually there is no difference between the FEM based design and design strips as far as the design results are concerned. The only difference of the 2 is the approach in determining and detailing the reinforcements from the design output. The strip based is the more straight forward approach while for the FEM design is based on the contour approach output.

To consider strips or "strips" inclined, when defining SAFE gives you the option to mark them with respect to local axes X and Y or if the option that says "Other" Actually there are layers and overlap the gunmen.

On the option of using reinforcements bound by the WEF, is not recommended, because if you go and guided by the highest reinforcements, your tiles will remain on armed reinforcements for concentrations occur only in places.

The "Strips" Consider us custom width beams, and is more reliable in my opinion.

About the difference, support Tarugo response, because in reality is how you interpret the results. In the Design the armed finite element gives you the per unit length, which can also customize them to give you a commercial diameter.

I hope they serve, Greetings

RE: Inclined Strips in SAFE? - romuldzenon - 10-15-2009

Hi all,

I think Aslam is right, i m agree with him. As per my knowledge he is right.