Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Reinft Detailing in RCC Helical staircase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anybody post a drawing showing reinforcement details of an RCC helical (Spiral) staircase ?. Thanks in anticipation.
Dear Prakash,

The article bellow is simple and restrict to spiral staircase with central pole. But could be an starter.

If your stair is without central column, please, post a draft to us.

[Image: screen.png]
[img][Image: 52805489935751539052.jpg][/img][img][Image: 54304142545459109685.jpg][/img]

[Image: Download.png]

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Regards

Dell Brett
thank you dell .
if you can provide me with a quasi detailed method to design R/C spiral stairs you will be appreciated .
hi

view this trhead and download the ebook

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

it has some examples

regards
Thanks Dell & Mig21 for sharing details & a nice book.
The staircase I am designing is as exactly as shown in Elevation of Sketch Sheet 37 shared by Dell. i.e., the staircase has supports only at the starting & ending step levels (At 0.00 & 4.00 M levels). However, Section 'AA' of Detail Sheet 37 shows a slab cantilevering from a wall, which is not the one I am seeking for.
Request u all again to help me out. Thanks and regards.
Dear Dell
im asking if you can provide us with the complete notebook from which you showed these sketches?
other work link?
Dear member,
As far as I know about spiral staircase it is designed as BEAM @ centre and CANTILEVER on both edges (Throughout the Length)
or
2 BEAMS on edges throughout the complete length (Complete Spiral length)
with simple assumptions as taken in any stair design..

this is simple version of design and for all others CHECKS you should refer some books
NADIM HASSOUN, MARK FINTEL may have some calculations of this stair design (SEE THREADS)

Let me know if you have any problem (or if I am wrong) =)

Regards,
Umer Aleem
Excuse my delay, but I'm returning to this issue!

@Umer.Aleem: You describe two possibilities do design spiral stair, but it's not only and not the most usual nowadays. The architects prefer "clean" and thin structures, so single slabs (rectangular or trapezoidal) is necessary, without any beam.
Using finite elements method it's relative easier to design a simple slab spiral, supported only at ends.

I'll find and share some articles and calculation notes about this type of spiral slab.

Regards

Dell Brett
Dear,
Thanks for making some corrections!! =)
But these structures are clean (no Beam or projections are visible in the design method)
It’s purely my mistake that the statement wasn't clearly understandable...
Really apologize for that....
This BEAM methodology I mentioned earlier is like a Concealed beam or you can say COLUMN STRIP type...
It is clean structure although difficult to maintain THICKNESS of structure (bcz of complete Spiral Length), but the same philosophy of beam @ centre OR beam @ edges.....

Best Regards..
Pages: 1 2