Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: ASCE 7-05/02 Auto Lateral Load Pattern in SAP2000/ETAB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyone who could explain how to use or apply ASCE 7-05/02 Auto Lateral Load Pattern in SAP2000/ETAB?
Check in ETABS manual by Atkins..
Download link from Civilea posted by Aslam:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
(01-25-2010, 10:16 AM)reynand_d Wrote: [ -> ]Check in ETABS manual by Atkins..
Download link from Civilea posted by Aslam:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Thanks for the reply reynand_d but that ebook doesn't give any help.

The thing is, if you add WL - ASCE 7-02/05 it will generate WL, WL-2, WL-3... up to WL-12 i.e. with 4 different cases.

How to assign it? Do we need to assign it all, one by one? And how it works?
It was auto generated by the etabs, to take effect that wind load, all the cases must be included in your load combo..what i mean, in the load combo with wind, all that 12 cases must included one by one. to make it little bit clear i gave u one load combo with wind. if you have a load combo of 1.2(dead load + 0.5(live load) + 1.6 wind load)
in your load combination you must make 12 load combo for this one by using that 12 cases.
Hope it help.
Static Load Cases:

First:

Define load cases: wind>ASCE 7-05, you can choose: from diaphragms rigids or objects area: fill dates...

second...
if choose from áreas...select objects área to aplicate barlovento load..then assign>surface loads>coef. surface wind presion...

then choose selects area to aplicate sotavento loads...similar to previos step...

to diaphragms wind load, simply select diaphragms...
I Prepare a few images but generated imagegenerator not work to me... I'll try tomorrow...

if I cant, i'll preparate un video...

Reagads...
[Image: screen.png]

[Image: 88731907.jpg]

Loads aplied

[Image: 69716275.jpg]