Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: design these pools with ETABS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The pool must be modeled in two scenarios. Full AND empty.
Dear Colleagues,

I suggest to make it simple way.

Make an assumption Simple beam modelizations :
(width=1000 mm , Section Depth wall = thickness of wall and Height = Depth of Walll)

or Use Table for calculate the My (Vertical reinf), Mx (Horisontal Reinf), and Shear Forces for that model.

Check Conditon Full and Empty.

That's it.

As an Engineer, we must think simple way to answer the complex problem..

regards,

robertsasmita
hi all,

it is not so simple to design the pool. for tension bar u can calculate from lateral water pressure, earth pressure, dynamic earth pressure, etc. u must consider temperature for vertical bars. the most critical analysis is from the behaviour of water due to dynamic earth pressure.
Regards

here is a video modeling with ETABS air tankers
another opportunity to annex them as forces are placed on the walls and this is not spam watch the video first and then judge

Jaime

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Regards

I apologize for the inconvenience, but where I find the connectivity is poor. and slow touch me or make a decision or expect to get so hung has a city with better technology.

Jaime
Pools also have to be checked for hydraulic bouyancy (uplift). In case when the pool is empty, and ground water level rise. This is a rare case , but it is valid. During the pool maintanence, the pools are emptied and at the same time, rain or another flooding raises the ground water level.
My regards to CivilEAns.
Just pointing out. Unless a pool is to be built on a structure or it has industrial purpuses, I don't agree on checking for dinamic actions. The failure of such equipment doesn't present any risks for human life. More important is to check for its serviceability under static loading, preventing leakeage and corrosion at reinforcement bars and checking the foundation soil for settlements.

Actually, if is a water tank or a swimming pool, the cost of repair is fairly low when comparing with the design quantities for extra resistance against dinamic actions.

Another thing, water volumic weight is 1000kg/m3 but only in PURE STATE! This is a common mistake and even codes have this incorrection themselves. With minerals and dirt in suspention, you can have water V.W. up to 1200kg/m3. Try filling a 1L bottle with swimming pool water and check for its [weight] - [selfweight of the bottle].

Best Regards to all
video airtanker's link reposted
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
Pages: 1 2