Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Sap 14.1 design parameters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello , i am really confused with the design parameters in sap 14.1
does anyone have a manual showing the definition of each parameter
thanks in advance
(11-24-2009, 12:59 AM)amareen2000 Wrote: [ -> ]hello , i am really confused with the design parameters in sap 14.1
thanks in advance

You have them already in your computer. By default: go to "C:\Program Files\Computers and Structures\SAP2000 14\Manuals\Design" folder and all the manuals of the design codes are there. For detailed information about these codes, try searching "Codes, Manual & Handbook" section of the forum.
thank you so much i found the file
but i am having another question , is it possible to show the full detailed design for a member in sap 14.1, all i can get is just a very brief design

(11-24-2009, 05:45 AM)struceng Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-24-2009, 12:59 AM)amareen2000 Wrote: [ -> ]hello , i am really confused with the design parameters in sap 14.1
thanks in advance

You have them already in your computer. By default: go to "C:\Program Files\Computers and Structures\SAP2000 14\Manuals\Design" folder and all the manuals of the design codes are there. For detailed information about these codes, try searching "Codes, Manual & Handbook" section of the forum.
When you right click an element after design, a screen like that will popup. By clicking "Tubular Data", you can get most detailed results that Sap2000 can give to users by default. But there are plugins that can be loaded to Sap2000 which extend/customize design outputs and also other results.

[Image: 16977805456776997048.gif]
hi struceng

What type of plugins are you talking ? where can we find them ?

regards
First show design results on the screen...
Design =>Steel Frame design=>Dysplay design info=>Ok
then Put cursor over anything frame....later right click.....and ready...

regards....
To Red_pool61 and Mig21: As far as I know, there is no free plugin for Etabs or Sap2000 for download. I think most populars are EC-Praxis and Cacto:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

There is only a little information and sample source on the web. Examples:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

And also in your computer:
Code:

You must write plugins by yourself according to your needs because there is no open forum or source for that, yet!? I wrote some in Visual Basic as shown below (one of them is for the company) and this option in Sap2000 is really very useful. You are adding your plugins from this menu.

[Image: 94249041285953732922.gif]

Regards.
hi

can you explain how to load the plug in ?? I have downloaded the sample from sapwiki but i cannot instal it ? I have some experience in vb and vba and i want to start tunning my sap2000 but it is been dificult to start !

regards
(11-26-2009, 09:42 AM)mig21 Wrote: [ -> ]hi
can you explain how to load the plug in ?? I have downloaded the sample from sapwiki but i cannot instal it ? I have some experience in vb and vba and i want to start tunning my sap2000 but it is been dificult to start !
regards

The dll file must be registered to the system first. It is done by regsvr32.exe or if it gives error, regasm.exe. All these information for loading dll files are given at:
Code:

Once the file is registered to the system, then it can be loaded to Sap2000 with "Tools > Add/Show Plug Ins..." command. The name field will be the dll file's name without writing ".dll" at the end.
hi

i have already done that end it didn't work !! .... but now i am thinking ,,,, probably is because i am using a portable SAP2000 ...

i will test furder

thanks
Pages: 1 2