Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Concrete books in spanish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The spanish is my native language and lot of time ago I too thought in post books on spanish, but if you see the book section, you can find a lot of sections like:

Codes, manuals, handbooks, steel-concrete-masonry books, analysis, dynamic, earthquake, geotechnical, forensic, project managment, highway, hydraulic, magazines, journlas, etc, with most than 1696 book's posts and more than 260 book's requests.

So, if you think in open to other languages's sections like spanish, persian, portuguese, german, french or another, you can imagining the great amount of post that the forum will to receive. I think that it will be wonderful for the forum, but I believe that have two principal reasons for not open those sections yet:

1. First, yet exist a lot of member that don't follow the rules, and the work of the moderators is laborious, trying to order posts and information.
2. Second, I believe the forum doesn't have yet the enough moderators for manage sections on other languages, why? because at least those sections should to be managed for NEW moderators in their native language.

The Admin and moderators will decide comming soon this interesting and important discussion, but you (all users) should to understand if it will not be possible.

Thanks to all for your ideas.
Regards.
Dear Colleagues:
I'm completely agree with Dell Brett.
Six engineers have enough problem to organize a whole section, in an unique language. We have to check the links and the content too. Is a hard and long work...
Three months ago I had posted almost three books for a week, but since I'm Moderator my posts are limited to two or four books a month. Why? the time that I spend reviewing and checking all the e-Books posted, replying PM and explaining why I move such Book or why anyone post a Geotechnical Book in a Concrete Section.
Can you imagine a Section with books 15 different languages or more? Could you take part of your time to organize those?
I felt happy when I saw Books in Spanish inside the Forum (it's my birth language!), but first We need to take the structure to keep in order a Section with such characteristic. Before have such structure it's impossible open a Book Section with more than 15 or 20 languages... Not with quality and control
Regards
oanm2000
Dear all:
In my opinion, altought I am an native spanish speaker, I also understand the use of English as a "Lingua Franca". In many projects i have worked, in the Technical Specifications or Design Criteria first of all it is specified: "The project's official language is ..." follow by either English or Spanish, with some exceptions for Technical Docs from vendors, but very rare. I think, as an engineer can think, the resources are limited and we now need the time for put order in the forum.
Thanks
Pages: 1 2