Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: We miss Old Civilea :'(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really missed the old Civilea. Day by day this forum is getting boring.
I am her for 14 years and ı am old here.
Everyday i am checking new treads but not newly things. Always same subjects.
Morover, we paid money to subscribe, but the good treads and files are for sale. I already paid money and dont wanna pay any more.
This is my last time to subscribe. I dont think anything will be change :((
Probably it is holidays for Civilea,no doubts there is no new threads.
what a long holiday :)) no new threads or new anything.
its my complains and i dont think it will ok soon.
Dear Subscriber, it is not that you are always on the receiving end, please do share any technical books, software, app ets to make this vibrant forum.
Same feelings and same complains.
Dear esteemed users and community members,

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for your continuous support and dedication to this forum over the years. I have always emphasized that the true asset of this forum is none other than you, our valued users. Throughout these 15 years, you have remained the most important aspect for us. I strived to provide the best for you, free of charge, during the times when such forums were scarce on the internet, from the peak years of 2012 to 2015.

Initially, due to the high number of users and the traffic exerted on our servers, we frequently needed to upgrade our servers. For many years, with your support, we continued, albeit for free. Part of the maintenance and server expenses were covered by your contributions. Eventually, user subscriptions were introduced. However, active users were not bound by these subscription rights, allowing them continued free access to the forum as we acknowledged our indebtedness to them. Those not contributing to content creation were required to subscribe.

The costs of maintaining the forum were considerable, and at times, I personally covered these expenses to maintain our connection and service to you. Our forum comprises approximately 190,000 users, a significant number by any forum's standards. However, since 2018, the trend has shifted in internet users' preferences, particularly towards social networks, causing a decline in all websites' traffic, including Civilea. We were no longer the same as before; user engagement decreased. This change was not unique to us but affected numerous websites. Despite our efforts to preserve the essence of the forum, user participation diminished. Our once-vibrant forum, driven by user interactions, has shifted toward a static website, where only administrators post and others merely consume content. We used to be a forum where everyone contributed, enabling growth and mutual benefit, but now, we rely on our friends to update the forum minimally.

Currently, we are nearly up-to-date and comprehensive on all critical regulations and guidelines, thanks to the tremendous efforts of some of our friends. We have strived to be responsive and address requests promptly.

The circumstances remain challenging. The costs of server purchase and maintenance are still high, and we are compelled to ensure their provision. Closing the site is not an option. We have nurtured this "child" for 15 years now.

To encourage user engagement and activity, we have launched a marketplace where users can sell their products. It's important to note that all products subject to regulations must also be posted in the forum regularly. Thus, whatever regulations we have for sale are also available individually in the forum.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused to you. Know that our hearts are within this site, and our endeavor is to create motivation and dynamism within this forum. We welcome any suggestions in this regard.

Thank you for being part of this community.

Warm regards,
Administrator