Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Windows 10 internet response seems slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear CivilEAns,
I have been using windows 8.1 on a 64 bit machine until recently when i installed the latest windows 10 (Enterprise edition). To my surprise (may be i should give it more time), the internet response, browsing speed, has reduced drastically. Everything is taking forever, opening pages! Anyone experiencing the same?
Hello Hmwere,

I experienced the same in one of my machines (a notebook) and I reinstall a clean Windows 10 SO.
(I formatted the HD and install a clean Windows 10, not an full update).

This completely solved the problem and the machine is to perform better than with Windows 8.1

Before any new installation, be sure that exists for your machine all necessary drivers.

Regards,

Dell Brett
I am using windows 10 x32 bit (upgrade from windows8.1 32 bit) , my browser is firefox and it is responding very good.
Thanks Rami1976,

Of course, hmware must try others navigators, aka Mozilla or Chrome.
If the problem persists, it's necessary to pay attention in the SO.

In my case, the navigator runs very (very) slowly and others applications (not all) experienced some kind of slow.
Thanks CivilEAns,
What I have noticed, I guess, is that windows 10 always installs updates automatically. There is no option of "never" install updates. Updates are always downloading/running in the background and slowing down the internet speed.

I had started using their browser, Microsoft Edge but its slower. I resorted to Chrome although slow too. Could it be the uncontrolled updates?

CivilEAns,
See attached image...

[Image: 48566093624255254520.jpg]

The downloads are never ending...always downloading and installing updates to windows 10! I believe this must be slowing the internet speed...

Regards
One very interesting, high level and useful YouTube channel, for windows users, is Britec09:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

One video shows how to deactivate the Windows 10 update, and there's a lot of really nice tips and tricks!

Another alternative is use a TORRENT site and downloads a recent updated version of Windows 10 (It's fast!)
After, install....

Enjoy!

Dell