Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Make a professional report with photos.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, how are you?
I make this post with the aim of know if you guys use some program to Photo report. Here I have done this way: shooting photos of works (constructions, ditches and reforms) and put the word (2013) and create the report. Would any of you have any idea to use a better program?
I found this site
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
Anyone know? Worth it?
Thanks for any reply.
PS: I hope this is the place for this kind of post.
With the arrival of digital devices the reporting of construction activities has became a most on every stage as a proof of everything in the field and others from finished work to quality inspection/certification in the testing lab and of course justify accordingly the respective payments. Today every owner/client/supervision expects the delivery of a photographic report along with the documentation indicated by contract. personally I only use office tools for that purpose.
Best regards, good luck.
But did u like the soft? And if yes is it possible to make some move to some1 make a medicine for it. Cheers
trmpereira,

In the past I have used an excel spreadsheet specifically made for structural reporting that used VBA to automatically pull in photos and format the bulk of the report. This worked somewhat OK albeit with a few quirks since excel was never really made for reporting in that manner.

Regarding the software you posted a link to, why don't you trial it and let us know. The software looks reasonably priced - if it works well buy a license and support the development since there appears to be few tools out there that offer that functionality.

elbarto
Hi,

I think (based on my personal usage) that Ms word can be a best choice. Besides this, Adobe InDesign is also a very good option if you want to work with photos and not a lot to type.

Hope it helps.
(07-15-2014, 07:44 AM)elbarto_87 Wrote: [ -> ]trmpereira,

In the past I have used an excel spreadsheet specifically made for structural reporting that used VBA to automatically pull in photos and format the bulk of the report. This worked somewhat OK albeit with a few quirks since excel was never really made for reporting in that manner.

Regarding the software you posted a link to, why don't you trial it and let us know. The software looks reasonably priced - if it works well buy a license and support the development since there appears to be few tools out there that offer that functionality.

elbarto
elbarto_87,
Thanks for responding.
I'll consider your point of view to define the purchase of the software. The trial version has not yet been made ​​available for download by the manufacturer, it is necessary to make a registration that I have done, but still does not tell me anything.
You still have a worksheet that you say? You can share it?
Thanks in advance.

(07-15-2014, 08:11 PM)ali akbar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I think (based on my personal usage) that Ms word can be a best choice. Besides this, Adobe InDesign is also a very good option if you want to work with photos and not a lot to type.

Hope it helps.

Hi ali akbar, thanks for you r reply. I will check this on youtube to know how works...