Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: MSc Structural Enginnering Thesis Topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
This semester I am taking My MSc thesis topic but I don't know what to do.
Can any one please help me, I am very confused. The subject I am interested in, is HYDRAULIC STRUCTURES. But I will appreciate any topic as long as it is related to Structural engineering and wont require a lot of money to get it done.
Thanks
Dear Imran,

If you would like to work on thesis that would really help you in future then you should go for the Performance Based Design techniques like Pushover analysis of structure. If you are really interested in this area of understanding then i might help you.

Regards
Muhammad Junaid
Thanks Junaid
Our professor said that what ever you do, there should a little bit of new work so can I do some thing new in performance based design.
Also when I told my professor that i am interested in Hydraulic structures, He said that we can for numerical modeling (God knows what He meant but what i understood was to correlate experimental results to formulation. am I right?)
I'm equally in the same dilemma. My Professor tells me that I have to do my thesis in the field of Fiber Reinforced Polymers for Concrete Structures. Any help from the Members in this field will be highly appreciated.
What kind of help you want to get in fiber reinforced polymers for concrete structures?
Regards,
Oram
imran, as far as I get it, you can make a research about the hydraulic systems, used in the active or passive damping systems, their influence on the structural performance during an earthquake. Make suggestions how to improve their performance of something like that.
Oram

I was told to come up with a topic under fibre reinforced Polymers for concrete; i.e design and calculation using Finite Element Methods, choose a suitable FEA Software! I would love to get some help on suitable literature and FEA Software and indeed any other information in this regard.
Thanks!
Imran writes:-
Hi
This semester I am taking My MSc thesis topic but I don't know what to do.
Can any one please help me, I am very confused. The subject I am interested in, is HYDRAULIC STRUCTURES. But I will appreciate any topic as long as it is related to Structural engineering and wont require a lot of money to get it done.
Thanks

Contribution:-
Could you think of a research on the effect of hydraulic pressure on submerged structures such as the tunnel connecting France and England. Take a critical look at the conception, analysis/design and construction (existent).
Then look for an innovated method of structural design of a similar structure that could lead to a radical change to the present design and save on all the fronts (material, labour, time etc)
Good luck
Teddy
Hi Dear
I suggest you to view the link below. It contains some project presentations and may will help you.
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html