Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Lead Rubber Bearing Properties in SAP2000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Input your data in INPUT sheet and get outputs in SAP2000 sheet.

I'm waiting for your opinion.

[Image: 87863049178975510893.png]

[Image: 72412140871154035398.png]

[Image: download.png]
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Dear pezhmankhan ,
thank you very much for this useful file.

I'm wonder if you could advise where is coming the value of effective damping (0.038) of your example (tab sap2000 : for U2 & U3).
what units should have this property ?

In the input tab I couldn't find this value to see the equation used. Or is a typo and should be 0.088 ? please confirm

really appreciate your comments,
thanks in advance,
Hi,
When you defined effective damping of isolators in SAP2000 (in the horizontal direction, U2 & U3), you should deduct the damping ratio of superstructure from it. Software will automatically add damping ratio of superstructure to effective damping of isolator.
So I put unit to kN-mm and after that I deductive 0.05 from effective damping to consider 5% superstructure damping.
Thanks for your time ! pezhmankhan,

This mean, the unit is a ratio in the input of SAP2000?
Im a bit confuse, when I read in the CSI knowledge base website where explains the unit of effective damping is Force-Second/Length or Force/Velocityā€¯

I misunderstand something?

thank you very much,
[/code]
Yes, You are true.
But in HOLMES spreadsheet they defined effective damping such this. And because this spreadsheet is written by Trver Kelly, I am sure that this way is true.