Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Are premium sites allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am noticing lately a growing number of posts that refer to premium sites for download, i.e., sites where one has to pay to get access to the material.

It is my understanding that this forum aims to the free distribution of materials in english language, and so those posts could be understood not complying with rule 14 of the forum, since not "public sharing" sites, and constituting some form of advertisement ("hey you could get that through a premium account") for those sites.

I endear the administrators to consider this question and effectively enforce free distribution only of materials through the forum, so that users will avoid wasting time organizing downloads going to nowhere.

Thank you for your attention.

First of all, thank you for your participation. The question you ask is important and timely!

Moderators always check the download links and seek to always have links of free access.

Some important considerations:

1 - Some sites "hide" the location of the button to access the free download. You must be aware of where it is located;

2 - It is also helpful to have links to accounts "premium", where in addition to free links because we have many users with premium accounts and these are faster to download and most importantly, are less susceptible to be removed.

3- "Premium" accounts is important for large size files too (more than 1 GB), as torrent links. It's the fastest way to check the link/software, and after create a mirror link with small parts to download.

4- Be sure that we always have a free links to download. Report us dead links or no free links.

Regards

Dear ishvaaag,

You have 26 posts (only 15 counted) in Engineering Problems (questions,) Software problems (questions), Requests in many sections and many other posts in Free Discussion and Suggestions & Complains.
Sorry, i forgot you posted one link (free link) 26 months ago.

First thanks for your contribution and for sharing with us your problems and requests and for giving us advices and for reporting your ping time.

Because you never uploaded and shared in this forum (don't feel lonely, we have thousands of similar users) i will try to explain you some facts and to answer to your post.

Quote:Hi. I am noticing lately a growing number of posts that refer to premium sites for download, i.e., sites where one has to pay to get access to the material.

We all (the uploaders, this is not your problem as i see), we need a place to upload files for you. All sharing sites have free and premium account. In some sites you don't need to register for downloading but if you want to upload faster, if you want to download faster (for yourself or for checking or for uploading in other place for others) and if you want your uploaded files saved for more than 30 days you need a premium account. I pay for premium accounts and i believe some other people do the same. You don't need to buy a premium account and in general you can download from every place but slower and sometimes after filling captcha. See an example (Filepost).

[Image: 36436376198855547073.gif]

Look at the diferences. You are limited but you can download for free. And this is the same in almost every share server.

I want to download faster, to not wait 60 seconds for begining the download, to not fill the captcha, to download many files in parallel and using a download manager, i want to download big files and to resume interupted downloads. I pay.

You can download slow for free.

See the last row - 30 days storage of files.

Even you can upload a small file you downloaded from our forum when another users asks, your friends here will download your file during 30 days. If every one of our thousands of inactive users will do the same our forum will be a forum and not only a place where a small group of users contribute and others ask how to be a VIP.

Something i explained in the past. Any one can upload a file and post a link (preferable coded if you don't want a warning) and if you don't have a premium account your link will be dead after a short time but this is a link your friends here can use.

If you see big files, be sure the poster copied the links from other site where a professional uploader put they. So don't ask for other links in this case. Someone can search the web for other links instead of dead ones but you can search by yourself and post here the links you found for helping other users.

Who is a professional uploader ? Some sharing sites have a bonus plan. People upload and according to downloads number they earn money.
See an example:

[Image: 52211508773342246754.gif]

We are not professional uploaders but when we find links we post here. So the uploaders earn money (not too much), we find the links and if we want to download faster and easy we pay for a premium account. You don't need to pay, most of the sites have free and premium accounts, so your sentence is wrong.

I posted more than 1000 posts including links and i paid to many premium accounts. My posted links i found in other places and i can replace if they are dead only if i find new ones (in general big files). My uploaded links (about 10 GB together) are almost all dead today (they was alive for years) because many sharing servers stopped after Filesonic closing and until now i can't be sure which one is good and to buy a premium account. Sometimes users mirror my links even if for a short time in a free account and this action helps. I hope i will find a solution but don't forget we all are users of this forum and if the VIP and the moderators posted more we hope everyone will help.

Quote:It is my understanding that this forum aims to the free distribution of materials in english language, and so those posts could be understood not complying with rule 14 of the forum, since not "public sharing" sites, and constituting some form of advertisement ("hey you could get that through a premium account") for those sites.

This is rule 14.

Quote:14. Advertisements are forbidden and only public share servers will be used for sharing material (not personal blogs or other forums).

All the links you see in forum are from public share servers and not links from other forums or personal blogs. Try to understand what a public share server is and what we wrote in rule 14. They advertise what they want (and they give you a service for free) but we don't allow our users to advertise another forum or personal blog if they own one.

Quote:I endear the administrators to consider this question and effectively enforce free distribution only of materials through the forum, so that users will avoid wasting time organizing downloads going to nowhere.

Well, we began to enforce the principle of downgrading our old users wasting our bandwidth and never sharing with others, using our threads only for requests and complains against users sharing not enough easy for leechers.

Quote:Thank you for your attention.

Well, we thank you too (for something).