Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Canadian members please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi dear friends
I'm defending my master thesis tommorow, and after that I'll probably be unemployed,
I was thinking on trying to move somewhere, and my currently No 1 location wish is Canada. Are there any canadian member on the forum, which might help me? I didn't yet apply for the canadian skilled worker program, cause I don't know the exact requirement. What do I have to do to legally become a structural engineer in Canada? Any help would be appreciated.
The same question here. Is there someone to help in this regards?

Kind regards,
Grunf
Frm what I know, If you are a foreign graduate (outside Canada), you will need to pass the provincial professional exams to be eligible for registration. Lookup the Provincial Engineering
associations like Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, etc. Do a google.
Their web sites should contain a lot of info for you to digest.
Hope this helps.
Hi there,

lasalleguy is correct. Since you have an education from outside a Canadian accredited university, you will likely be assigned academic examinations. After this, 4 years of work experience is required prior to becoming professionally licensed (P.Eng). I just recently registered as an EIT (Engineer-in-Training), but did not have to write exams since I graduated in Canada. Here is a link to the appropriate information:

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
<---- Province of British Columbia
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
<--- Province of Alberta

Each province has it's own regulations and licensing (it is not possible to have a single license for all of Canada). I would suggest having a read on your provincial association of interest and then calling/emailing and explaining your situation.

Hope this helps.