Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Warning too quick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i posted a request and i didn't place transparent links...i realize the error and i was just editing it for correction when i receive the warning. It took me like less than a minute. i know the moderators have done excellent job in maintaining this website brilliantly and you guys have to be strict to keep things in order but i humbly request the moderators to give few minutes before warning the members

Regards
Rohail Iyaz
rohailiyaz,

We'll take that in consideration.

But, as well we consider that every member do the post-check before pressing the button Post Reply. Every member should recheck the posts, press the button Preview Post and if he/she is sure in what he/she is posting, then the final step is to hit the Post Reply button - voila, good post, no warning points whatsoever...

Only my opinion - doesn't have to be the right one...

With regards,
Grunf
(04-19-2011, 10:06 AM)Grunf Wrote: [ -> ]We'll take that in consideration.
Dear Grunf and our moderators,
I think that our forum gives the members (30) minutes to edit and correct their posts or send report to delete it,
so, in my opinion to delay the warning until the edit time finish
it is not an invitation to laziness or careless, but we are humans and the mistakes is a part from our life
thanks for all
mowafi3m

mowafi3m and all,

I'm, as you said, as well human and I just love to have some spare time around this forum (I like to play the CivilEA game but I prefere to spend some time around this game), so I don't want to make my notes to some paper on how many mistakes members have made and in which sections those mistakes occurred, wait for 30min and than hit the warn button along with guiding the same member on how to post correctly.
There was a time when some members started flooding the forum with all kind of spam so we had to stop him/her before this forum becomes full of garbage - you just can't imagine how many bad posts we deleted per day in the days when this forum was open for new registrations - non of you would like to run through the forum reading those kind of posts. We delete/correct bad posts immediately as they shown, warn and guide users...
I don't want to sit in front of my computer and wait 30min that forum becomes cluttered with garbage and/or bad posts - I react immediately as I see something goes wrong, otherwise I forgot about it... Just remember this, if we don't correct/delete a bad post, few sec after the bad post was made, we'll recieve Report on the bad post (there are some members using the Report button in good way even - believed or not). We can give a chance to our members for about 1-2 min to correct their post(s), but 30min of waiting is too much. As from my experience, 5sec is enough to make transparent link coded (if you forgot to code them in the first place). Good members will and can notice their mistakes at the same time as they make their post(s) and they'll make corrections, but new members and members with low post count won't correct their post(s) (my experience) - they won't correct their post(s) because they don't care or they don't know how to do it.

Hope I was clear...

To sumarize - we'll give a chance of max 1min to make corrections to the post and then the warning goes.

Start using Preview Post button to avoid warning points. I use this button all the time. I have never made a single post without using this button! It is true, from time to time I make "bad" posts, but I don't post transparent links because of using the Preview Post button - I only correct/ edit my spelling mistakes or similar (if any)...

With regards,
Grunf
Members who made mistake and were warned, almost of them accepted what they did. Only a few of them complain, even they posted contrast to forum rules. This kind of people is not welcome and will be in watching list of moderators, no kindly action if they did wrong again. Around 50% of the one who were warned, PM moderator ask for apologies. This kind of people is very welcome, sometime I revoked warning immediately because of good attitude/intention.
On behalf of moderators who were appointed by Admin have to do their duty in order to keep forum clean of garbage, well organized of information. Members who ignore/disrespect to forum rules will be warned, suspended posting privilege or banned. If you don't want to be warned, suspended posting privilege or banned, just posting according to forum rules, moderators can do nothing to you.

Best Regards,
Kowheng
I will really appreciate if people could re read what i wrote...firstly i said i made a mistake secondly i requested for a tolerance in the time frame for the warnings, which our dear moderator " Grunf" said that would be increased to 1min which is quite sufficient. So i dont think we should start having an argument for no reason and start unnecessary insults for each other. As there is no limit for it.

i really appreciate the work done by the moderators and members including myself will definitely our level best to abide by their rules.

Regards
Rohail Iyaz