Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Why my post was deleted it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Admin/Moderator/etc,

Yesterday I wrote a question about Graitec Concrete in the section Software Problems, why was deleted it???? :dash2::dash2:

Regards
Because your question was an engineering problem using software and not a software problem. Admin specified in Software Problems Forum:

Software Problem
Discussion About Software & Solved Installation Problem or Bugs (No scientific Problems Here)

If you consider a problem related to display of reinforcement as in other software is an installation problem or a bug please forgive me but if not read please read what is in many places in Software Section:

For software problems use software problems subsection.
For engineering problems go to Civil Engineering Discussion - Problems.
For requests use software requests subsection.

Posts in wrong section will be deleted and the user warned.
Ok,

But where I put this???

Software Forum

Software Products (Only Software Product (No Discussion)) DONT APPLY
Software Problems (Discussion About Software & Solved Installation Problem or Bugs (No scientific Problems Here)) DONT APPLY
Software Request DONT APPLY

Where I can post this?

All the best

Moderator Notes:
Put in "Civil Engineering Discussion" ==> Problems.

As per BennyP ( your thread was an Engineering problem), then it would be prudent to place it under problems.

I ,too, was placing my threads relating to software problems (scientific,and not installation type), but was advised aginst that by the same so I found it better placed in the problems section( this is under Civil Engineering discussion).

Hope this helps, unless there is an otherwise thought.

Regards.
Dear All,

This morning I wrote the post title Engineering Apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch in Free Discussion section.

Then I it was deleted, later I saw the post with same title as mine, belong to another user.
What's happen? In my post I put the link to the original Apps in iTunes Store and screenshot. I have spent time to process this post with attach screenshot and link. If it was in wrong section, please move it to the right once or issue the warning to me.

You could see his post here:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

With regards,
Hi everybody

I had posted a book by varghese which was good book on advanced RC structures, I am wondering why it was deleted.

Thanks

adshrt
Dear adshrt,

When the post was posted? In addition to that, can you provide the full name of the book, ISBN and author name.

I just looked trough the Trash and Bad Posts and I can't find it nowhere...

If you found your post deleted - probably it was posted not according to the forum rules and someone of the forum staff deleted it. Every first post of the thread (topic) needs to contain Title, Cover Image, Author Names, ISBN(s), Size of Data to be downloaded, Download Links and Password (if needed). Every post, especially in E-Book and Software sections NEEDs to be made using CivilEA Post Generator - if your post is made as I've described just now, your post is safe with us.

With regards,
Grunf
Dear Admin,
I just wonder why my answer to tynhanh request ( Journals & Papers Request) for the paper Embankments on Soft Ground by Laurits Bjerrum (1972) on post : #2 was missing and replaced by another sender. For your information :
1. I was doing the upload to the Forum yesterday 17 April 2011 about 1.30 pm.
2. I scanned the paper from my own proceeding.
3. I made the file in PDF in the secured mode by using my own password.
4. I uploaded the file to Mediafire (URL :
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
) yesterday 17th April 2011 at about 12.15 pm.
5. I was trying my best to make this forum alive by helping each other, not for merit.
I am very sorry for bothering you with this question.

Regards,
isurya

To your very well based question i will try to give a not less based answer.
You posted many posts and i believe most of them good and as you said for helping.
I deleted your post and i didn't warned you because i can't find another method to receive your attention.
Now why:

Because this is your warning record.

[Image: 23130413279238471553.gif]

And the last one expired less than a week ago was for "Full quote the previous post without reason".

[Image: 62482582817432129335.gif]

And because before my deleting, the post was corrected by kowheng for one more time full reply.

[Image: 73579658923570226035.gif]

And because your user ID is 1083 and you joined the forum more than two years ago.

And because your post posted a month ago after many other posts with transparent links was corected for the same including a warning of kowheng.

[Image: 76698538215316366172.gif]

And because after checking your last 20 posts i found only one not corrected by a moderator (excepting requests).

So if you can spend all this time for a question please find the time to learn posting. You know where is the manual of Grunf and the Admin's rules.