Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: ZwCAD instead of AUTO CAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Fellows,

Can any body guide me the advantages of using ZwCAD instead of AUTO CAD.

Thanks in advance
You can visit ZWSOFT page,

Zwsoft Comparison ZWcad vs AutoCad
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

in the link above there is a comparison table with features that are supported and not supported

Moderator Notes:
You got 3 warning (included this). You're still posting transparent link. For your next transparent link, your posting privilege will be suspended until you can show me/moderators that you can post the right code protected links (by posting on my profile comments or e-mail to me).

Experiments users reports that ZwCAD isn't full similar as Autodesk AutoCAD, and does not display the high degree of similarity as advertising does believe!

The main complaints are:
1- Not fully compatible with AutoLISP routines and some third part software;
2- Very slow response time of a few commands (could be irritant for experienced users);
3- Some incompatibilities and crashes when importing some complex Autodesk AutoCAD original drawing;
4- Does not exports a true Autodesk AutoCAD compatibility drawing.

The main advantage is the cheapest price.

For regular users, predominantly for those who ready-only or for those working on designs with low complexity, is a very plausible option!

Regards

See post below to portable 2011 version:
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

i find it very stable and not slow at all. Instead autocad can be sometimes very heavy depending on the system.
The lisp compatibility is kind of a prob though
Its mean no more advantage of ZwCAD.

AUTO CAD is best every where and every time.
Hello,

We bought some licenses about a year ago to try it out and it has been so far a good investment. The complete version price is about half the price of what you pay for AUTOCAD “Light” version. It's worth giving a try.

Regards,