Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: To SEARCH and to keep ABREAST of RECENT POSTINGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Item 1: I have a terrible time using the search engine. Always it comes back with BINGO, reflecting my empty mind. Can some directions be given. I am not able to find them so far, and it is holding me back from posting anything (I am not joking).

Item 2: Secondly, and more importantly, the rolling thread is too short. I try to watch it regularly, but lost a couple of days due to sickness. Is there a way to record what gets posted (rolling thread-wise or whatever) for the last 5 to 7 days. Otherwise, there are items I will never know about that I miss unless someone raises them in future. This one is more demanding from my perspective, because we can only devote so much time to what is turning into a vibrant and everchanging forum discussion.
As far as search engine. I have found that it works best if you put in a KEY WORD, and just 1 of them.

As for the posts, there are 3 links in the top right of each page by the names of "View New Posts", "View Today's Posts" and "View Unread Posts" which may help you with Item 2.

Hope this helps. Cheers, MDMH
Hi ravisbassi,

Item 1: If you could explain this point a little bit more, as what exactly you want to search (give any one example) and how you use to search, then it would be easier to answer
Like tell any book name or software name and what options you use to select using search engine.

Item 2: Check the links circled in the image below to get what you missed during you use to be away from this forum

[Image: 02775395176744040106.jpg]

Hope it helps
Regards
mdmh10 and usman,

I never saw those three links. Stupid of me. Probably the reason may be that currently I am in India, and internet speed is just crap compared to what I am used to in the US. So I do not even try to be adventurous.

My apologies to our Indian brethren. I am Indian, so some latitude may be given. If not, I deserve.

Seriously, I never saw that. Can this be published as a standalone link. I am not joking now. I really faced this problem, and there may be innumerable others who are deprived.
How much speed you want? 1 mbps speed is very commom and is the minimum and packages for this speed are available dirt cheap. i think it has become a fahion on the part of expats to critisize India for no reason just to show that they have migrated to US or any other country.
(11-24-2010, 01:31 AM)Rainbow Wrote: [ -> ]How much speed you want? 1 mbps speed is very commom and is the minimum and packages for this speed are available dirt cheap. i think it has become a fahion on the part of expats to critisize India for no reason just to show that they have migrated to US or any other country.
Mr. Rainbow - I do take offense at your reply.

I very clearly mentioned - My apologies to our Indian brethren. I am Indian, so some latitude may be given. If not, I deserve.

You, sir, are getting personal in your response. Please desist immediately, or I will formally request sanctions.

It is good to have emotions, but personal attacks are a no.no.

Do take care.