Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Tekla Structures Vs MasterSeries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi CivilEAns,
I have recently been following the threads within the Forum relating to Tekla Structures and they have really attracted my attention. It seems so interesting!!!
I have been using Masterseries (BS/EN) basically for simple analysis checks (I have to agree that i don't easily go about its modeling environment and procedure most especially when i compare it to the CSI products-which seem simpler and intuitive), a one disadvantage to me.

So this is how i go about it, very taxing!
1) I model and analyze in ETABS or SAP2000
2) For concrete, i proceed with spreadsheets for design, but the detailing becomes a hustle!!!( as in i go manual).
3) For steel, i proceed to MasterSeries with all the efforts and design/check the connections.
When i read the Tekla threads, this program seems to be a one stop for all this!!!

Please, those with experience/info regarding the two products please throw more light on the advantages of one program over the other, say in regard to Analysis and design of Concrete, Steel and, (Simple and Moment steel connections)
I would like to know which of the two programs is nearly a one stop shop!!
Hi,

Just would like to answer based on my exp. on tekla. Now Tekla can design and analyze but tekla using the STAAD enviroment to analyze. It means you model the member in tekla and after that tekla use this model ( call "design model') to run in the environment of STAAD to analyze and design. After desing and analyze, you can come back to tekla to detail the structure ( means modelling the connection or rebar and produce the drg).

If you can use Etabs or staad you can use the etab models or staad model to export to tekla and produce the drg. Because I think tekla do not have many good ultiliies for design and analysis as Etabs, sap or staad.
Masterseries is really good for quick design, especially on the steel connection. I used Masterseries for desing the connection ( prduce calculation sheet) after that coming back to tekla to detailling.

Hope to make it clear!

Cheers