Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: RE: BENNY K user problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
RE: BENNY K user problem

[Image: info.png]
I am writing through this forum because the original thread has been closed and this is the forum that we could raise any issue and I think, not run afoul of the rules. I read with dismay the muddle that was made of the BennyK case. This is one of the indications of the awful things that are happening in this association. When a member of a clique felt that he or whomever he feels sympathy for is piqued, that clique goes on the rampage/offensive and call for the head of the so perceived enemy to be hung on the APPIA way. This forum should not be the exclusive personal property of any one or group of people. People are here today and others are inching to come in because there are mixes of people here. There are people who also work, despite their hard schedule to keep the forum alive. So we are supposed to be humans and remember that if we are but to look on while any of us succeeds in pushing most people out of this forum, I do not think that people will have anything to lose leaving it or missing it. How can we explain a situation whereby a moderator bans a member of the association while the other members of the admin are not aware of it? And one of the reasons for banning that person was that he used a name that was similar to the self acclaimed Re, emperor pharos of Egypt. Yet he was able to come up and say that he even took pre-emptive and premeditated action before the actual banning of the person from the forum. Incredible. This is the only civilized place that I am seeing such a thing happening. And the person that was beaten was also told that he should not cry. I think that BennyP is becoming an enigma. I, as a person, will not like to belong to an association that a person in this century, despite our levels in the society herd us around and runs the place as a fiefdom. Whatever that guy (is he called BennyK) did, he deserves being given the benefit of due process. I do not think that threatening people with ban etc is the best approach to making people toe the line or dance to a perceived tone. Like I had always said and like many people will not be in agreement with me (as they will rise to defend him and call for heads to be served on hot bowls of pepper soup), we have to drive softly. It is people that make up this association. Do not drive away all the people in this association that do not appeal to you.
Regards
Teddy
Quote:Whatever that guy (***) did, he deserves being given the benefit of due process

i AGREE they're contributors too, i still not clearly understand why .. they're dead, only passive members take benefit from they contributions. i think this is something wrong - injustice, right??

regards.

Note: I just ask for a questionable situation, where a passive members can take benefit from members who banned by their mistakes in transparent links - not in NameOfMember cases who judges s/he's cheater.
Dear members, with all due respect

I have respect, as every Moderator, Protector or Admin, does to all the users of this forum – really. We respect you all. Cigozie I have respect to you and this post here is not attack on you – just to be clear.
It is true there are a lot of religions, nationality and other country related things in CivilEA and sometimes this can be a problem. I do a lot of reading about other cultures and religions and I watch in every post of mine not to insult or to make hurt to anyone – but some people (expelled) are using the F word making bad jokes to forum staff – why they do that? (Most of F-kind-of-worded posts are deleted just to make this statement clear) Not ONE of the forum users was expelled without the reason. Not single one. No one is expelled because of bad English or because of making a question or using similar name to someone. I’m going to say I was the member who firstly reported BennyK as a suspicious and rude member… We have had a member called BennyPX as well (banned) promoting his I-steal-from-CivilEA-great-forum. What’s the problem with those members? Why insolence to BennyP or CivilEA? Why not to me as well, I’m one of the forum staff along BennyP making most of warning points to the users and writing all kind of harsh_kind_posts? Admin gave us the rules and we moderators and protectors are trying to make those rules alive (I don’t know to express myself in better light). Dear members, we, the forum staff, are active 24/7, watching the forum and cleaning useless posts and all kind of spam. I read every post made in day – a lot of reading, believe me – you don’t have a clue how many posts were deleted, redesigned and edited just from hour to hour because they are posted cons the rules. In the morning you wake up and there it is - clean forum… No worries, every member with bad post is warned and every member posted something bad gets an explanation. Sometime is hard as hell to volunteer here – believe me, but I just love to play this game. There are days when I spend 8h per day looking through, cleaning and organizing the forum. What do you all think how many hours we worked just to organize E-Book Sections, to clean E-Book Archive and to organize new sections? And after we make all the work, there is a guy (now expelled) telling us what to do… Not one of the forum staff making something on his own – we have discussion about VIP memberships, banning the-spam-squad, discussing about forum organization etc. I respect BennyP and I stand in his defense as in defense to all of the forum staff – BennyP is my tutor through the moderation of the forum (as well as Dell, Kowheng and Oanm – those four members taught me a lot and they still does day by day) – respect and support EVERY move they make. BennyP is almost always attacked for making abuse of his position – this is a lie – B is CivilEA’s Protector with the reason. Please, members try to visit other CE forums – there is anarchy (I don’t want to mention forum names) – I just like our forum as it is, clean and concise…. There are the rules – so please, members, follow those rules. The rules works for me from the day I become CivilEAn, so why is so hard for other members to respect those rules and to follow them. Why some members need to make clones of them self (disrespect the rule #4), why they are making duplicated memberships?? I just can’t understand this…. Please find me just ONE good reason for making clones of the user account!? Just ONE?
And one more thing at the end of this post – I just do NOT want to see CivilEA without BennyP – he is the spirit of the CivilEA.

Best regards to all and I hope I was clear enough.
Grunf von Grunt
(10-25-2010, 02:44 PM)chigozie Wrote: [ -> ]...This is one of the indications of the awful things that are happening in this association. ...This forum should not be the exclusive personal property of any one or group of people. ...

Unfortunately for you, it is the exclusive personal property of one guy that you, as not being a VIP for now ,will only know as "The Admin". And in Admin´s house, there are fellow friends of him (moderators and supermoderators) that can go to the kitchen, open the fridge and pick up a soda by theirselves, say cheers to Admin and laugh at the funny things of life. In that house some of us are also invited for now, but just stay in the living room while they bring sodas to the table. Then we all have fun together. And so on, Admin´s house is open to some guys that wanna be there, respect the place and make the party bigger.

So my question (again) is: what on earth is making some of you guys think that the forum should be the open property of anyone that is just surfing the net? You didn´t started this and neither do I, you are not paying for the development nor the host of this site, and you are not making that closed relations with moderators/supermoderators and all those guys that help Admin in managing the forum.

If you think is all about going and paying for a web domain, program a site and suddenly thounsands of individuals will make a line just to enter your forum, you should try it and take all the thousands of members of CivilEA with you. Others have tried (Akovali being the most notably of them), so you can go and ask them.

Maybe it would be wiser for you to start thinking that the less you expect from someone/something, the less you end up dissapointed of he/she/it.
I agree with FAROS3000 about paying for hosting services and database...this is really a hard work..we are enjoying in this forum , getting benefit , free of cost....so there are some norms and rules, all have to abide by, yes including our moderators too...in todays world of human rights theres no point in banning a member with a similar name as our moderator BENNYP, but just think (at least from my point of view) this is rude at first place...and no organized organization in this world will let this rude thing happen. I have changed my mind about giving a person a chance to prove his point after banning because you do not get banned immediately rather there are ten levels of warning...so if a user receives warning he should be aware that continuing the spam will lead to BAN...i my self got as high as 60% and some times 60+40 = 100% warning in start and i got banned for 10 days...(not only once, rather several times) but faced it, i also confess that i thought abt my one of moderators as HARSH and it was not BENNYP...bt i waited for the ban uplift and then tried to abide by rules strictly...nd then i just start loving the forum
No one wants to read this thread from more than three weeks before acusing me banning BennyK for his name ?

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

I watched BannyK aka Paladin for about three weeks giving himself reputation and thanks and when finally i baned him i gave a chance to Paladin to continue but Saladin was born and continue to cheating and thanking himself.

Chigozie wrote:

I read with dismay the muddle that was made of the BennyK case. This is one of the indications of the awful things that are happening in this association. When a member of a clique felt that he or whomever he feels sympathy for is piqued, that clique goes on the rampage/offensive and call for the head of the so perceived enemy to be hung on the APPIA way.

I understand the clique is composed by me and the other moderators.

Chigozie wrote too:

How can we explain a situation whereby a moderator bans a member of the association while the other members of the admin are not aware of it?

Yes my dear chigozie i'm sure you read all the posts in moderators section before writing this sentence and you know all about.

And chigozie add:

And one of the reasons for banning that person was that he used a name that was similar to the self acclaimed Re, emperor pharos of Egypt.

No comment for this.

Other sentence of chigozie:

I, as a person, will not like to belong to an association that a person in this century, despite our levels in the society herd us around and runs the place as a fiefdom.

The problem is you are still here and litter as BennyK sending Admin to hell but in a polite manner.

Maybe is time to leave the clique, "to wait the dust down" as one of my friends tell me and to give others to speak (as other of my friends want) to Moses the winner of faraoh. And the silence of others only will help me to decide.

If after spending every day 12-14 hours working here and cleaning for engineers the garbage left by other "engineers" i must support the acusations of a chatterer contributing here by long, long and boring citations from books maybe i waste here 19 months for nothing.

Vive la revolution of chigozie.

An association functions on the basis of rules which some of us might like and some of us might not like. However, if we decide to join the association we should at least try to respect them.
The rules by which the association works must be enforced by some people. If we don't agree with the way in which these rules are applied, we should leave or we should try some other associations where the rules are better and where there is no "clique" or "fiefdom'.
As a final question I would like to ask if it is correct to blame someone, while in the mean time we make use of that person's work?
@chigozie
Dear member, we appreciate your hard work and contribution for the forum. and i do not want you to leave this forum. Atleast i will beg, DO NOT LEAVE...

@MODERATORS
I think we must close the topic now...and enough has been discussed here. post of chigozie, what i think is the expression of feelings which is temporary. This is life and it happens every where in world too. Some times we are so fed up with our job we prepare for resign and after that we feel what stupid move that was! just close the topic and all users back to the engineering stuff...(I am atleast very diplomat and soft in these matters)...we should respect each other should not hate...
I think I have an important clarification to make!
Who initially intended to give some explanations about the expulsion of BennyK was me, and did only a few arguments and exposing only the simplest. Did not want to quarrel, but I see that some people, like Chigozie, used primarily a place to do an entire value judgments, misrepresenting my comment and using it to attack our PROTECTOR BennyP!
Thus, it is my apology, particularly to BennyP, and I wanna to clarify that when I cited the fact that the similar name and avatar, it was for them to understand that something was wrong with the way the member joined the forum!
Unfortunately, through ignorance of the functioning of the forum, and for personal reasons, I see that it was used and transformed into, as they say in Brazil, "wash dirty linen in public"! Regrettable and I reiterate my apologies for the way it took!

BennyP is a Protector by merit!
BennyP was elected "Moderator of the Year" by merit!
BennyP has the largest number of postings by competence and dedication!
BennyP has the largest number of "Thanks" for recognition and merit!

BennyP is severe? Yes! My father also is! And I am proud of the education he gave me!

Dell Brett

Hope this ends and the topic be closed!
Let's do engineering!
Dear all,

I recently started using this forum. I am sure it has become a great free source of informations for students all over the place.

When someone, I don't recall who specifically noted about a month ago that most members were being inactive and simply took what they needed and never contributed, I agreed with it. Recently, some may have noticed that I have personally began to input some more of my own time into answering engineering questions to the best of my professional ability.

After I began to contribute I made a mistake and got a warning. Valid point, I was not aware of the CODE rule, and after the warning I learned it. :gamer1: It is nearly impossible for someone to get warned so many times he gets banned without doing many inappropriate things.

I particularly have come to enjoy this forum for the following reasons, please do not take any of these personally, I would like to point out that I'm only providing what I consider an unbiased point of view:

1-) There is a diversity of people who contribute to it: Europe, USA, Middle East, Asia, South America, among many others. So I particularly get to see different engineerings solutions from people all over the world with different resources available. Right or Wrong English? Just get it close enough, people interested in understanding you will find a way.

2-) Although I have been warned in the past, and at first I thought it was a bitter experience to get warned without getting a message the first violation, and a warning if it is repeated. The warning notice did make me PAY ATTENTION to some of the rules, and I am thankful to Mr. Kowheng for that. It has allowed me to keep the uniformity of the forum in my messages.

3-) Maintaining a forum has a cost, SOMEONE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO COVER IT, I assume out of an interest to help the new civil engineers who actually want to collaborate towards a appropriate practice and wants to help. I believe Mr. Admin might be the person to thank for that. I do not recall ever being charged for getting information or offering it. Also, EVERYONE has a CHOICE, I choose to participate in this forum and abide by its rules. Any particular doesn't like it, best of lucks in creating your own forum, covering the monthly expenses and assembling the team of people who I see online giving maintenance to this forum throughout the day.
In Spanish there is a saying: "A caballo regalado, no se le mira la dentadura".

4-) If someone was giving himself points, I agree with the banning. I have had to put some effort into earning mine. I like to provide my input in the problem solving forums, and I try to contribute, not put redundant comments that people before me has already posted. It is always gratifying to receive a honest thanks from someone else, and know that there was either a student or a professional that could benefit from my knowledge. I wish this forum existed when I was in college, it would had made my education a whole lot easier.

Finally, thank you to the forum team and the occasional visitors (Semi active members) since I have been able to learn a lot from your input and literature/software contributions.

Cheers,
MDMH
Pages: 1 2