Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Notification Signal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Notification Signal

[Image: info.png]
Dear Admin I would like suggest to introduce a new system of notification. If any body comment or reply in a post the author of the thread or the persons who already have comment in that thread will be notified similar to " Facebook".Now why I am suggesting this is for the following reason:
After creating a thread or posting sometime another member can ask for help regarding to any problem or one may ask for reporting dead link....and etc. In that case if the author or poster don't regularly visit the site he may not be able see the question, but if he see the notification signal after log in he can help those person.

I'd like to read the admin opinion, but I will put my point of view:
-Really nice idea, but, I do believe that isn't necessary!
If the member access regularly the forum, it's easy to see as "new post" any comment not only about his/her post, but about all comments in every post!
In my point of view, It will be redundant and more topics to read.

Thanks anyway!

Dell Brett
I supose this feature (when using new reply) can help. I never used it and i'm not sure is enabled and works. Marking subscribe i didn't see any change.

[Image: 19218170702000947349.gif]

Check this option too:

[Image: 76229979875568894944.gif]

I saw after subscribing to this thread the option was changed tu unsubscribe (something works).
[Image: info.png]
I agree with Dell Brett that there are more important things to work with.....This idea came into my mind and I expressed here.

But after resolving from current troublesome situation I hope Admin will consider it.
Thanks

"Subscribe to this thread" do your idea, if you click it & select way of notification, you will be inform any reply
@Triance

After subscribing and after your new post this is the email received. I think this feature respond to your request for Notification Signal.

BennyP, triance has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at Civil Engineering Forum. This thread is titled Notification Signal. Here is an excerpt of the message:------------------------------------------http://forum.civilea.com/postgen/info.pngI agree with Dell Brett that there are more important things to work with.....This idea came into my mind and I expressed here. But after resolving from c... (visit the thread to read more..)------------------------------------------ To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:http://forum.civilea.com/Thread-notification-signal?action=newpost There may also be other replies to this thread but you will not receive anymore notifications until you visit the board again. Thank you,Civil Engineering Forum Staff