Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: HOW TO INSTALL STAAD PRO 2007 IN WINDOWS 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME INSTALL STAAD PRO 2007 IN WINDOWS 7. I DID IT WITH MY OLD STAAD PRO 2005. BUT WITH MY 2007 I'M HACING HARD TIME. PLEASE HELP
(08-30-2010, 02:44 PM)renzt2 Wrote: [ -> ]CAN ANYONE HELP ME INSTALL STAAD PRO 2007 IN WINDOWS 7. I DID IT WITH MY OLD STAAD PRO 2005. BUT WITH MY 2007 I'M HACING HARD TIME. PLEASE HELP
1) Install The bentley License. For doing this on your Windows 7 Right click on the setup file and choose the option Run as Administrator.
2) After installation of License. You are supposed to run the setup for Staad pro.exe. USe the same procedure of right click on the setup file and choose the option Run as Administrator.
3) After the instalation is complete choose the available license.
Dear rentz2,

First of all download the staad pro for win7 from this forum. After installing Bently License service, disable UAC (Control Panel, User Accounts, Change user account control setting - set to Never Notify) then install the staad pro and apply the c**ack, that's it.
so there is a staad pro 2007 for win7? or is it the V8?
(08-31-2010, 02:14 PM)renzt2 Wrote: [ -> ]so there is a staad pro 2007 for win7? or is it the V8?

Probably What emran meant to say is How to disable the UAC and he is very much correct this would solve the problem for installation of other softwares too.
But do not worry about the version of Staad Pro , Staad Pro 2007 , and StaadV8i work eaqually well on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
I did disable that UAC. i'm running windows 7 and after installing license running as admin and or from command prompt then went to install staad pro after copying c*ack and running registry. after that i still get error. is there a procedure to follow or tricks to do
Although when im copying C*ack it gives out warning that i need to be in admin mode to do that and there is option of continue-skip-cancel. well i just click on continue... is this one problem?
i have faced a very strange case today
i have tried to setup the new staad pro ss1 35 so many times before on my pc "windows 7 64 bit" and when i set the old version and apply the c***k i get error as posted here

but today i tried it again , first of all it takes so much time for installation but after finishing i got it working as it should no porb at all , i followed the ins
first seting the license then the staad v8i and then copying the .dll file to the share folder and finaly applying the reg file everything was perfect
the more strange is that when i tried to setup the new ss1 version 35 , it take also long time for setup but it works properly without the 15 days message , i am so happy it works for me but i really don't know why it wasn't working before

anyway i posted my experience to let others know that it is working but for me a matter of luck :yes: