DJVU to PDF
Current time: 05-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Grunf
Last Post: Grunf
Replies 3
Views 2207

DJVU to PDF
There is a (simple) way to convert extension DJVU in to PDF but if you do so in some cases PDF e-book will be a bit or "few times a bit" larger than DJVU format.

To convert DJVU in to PDF I use IrfanView program. Just open DJVU file using IrfanView and go File -- > Save as and from the list Save file as select PDF - Portable Document Format, click Save, wait few seconds and this is it...

Here are two links where you can find IrfanView program:
[Image: Download.png]
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Hope it helps.
Best regards.
G
If any posted material in CivilEA is useful to you, please buy it. Support the authors/developers. By any means you may not use the posted material in CivilEA to make money! Use it only for evaluation!
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to Grunf for this post:
  • oanm2000, ynopum, Ultra Zone, levanduy, YaqubMughal, Dell_Brett, kardels, avge
Hi neighbour!
IrfanView is a marvelous software (I am using it more than 10 years), and saving as PDF is a nice feature to make multipage files, but I found it strange why someone should reverse convert DjVu to PDF. Usually a scanned book is better to be in DjVu. Adobe's PDF has only advantage if the book is in text/vector/metafile format. If you compare the performance (speed and quality of the book-browsing) WinDjVu is visibly faster than Foxit PDFreader, and of course Adobe's Acrobat. And another advantage is that DjVu is very easy to work with and much faster than PDF on a PocketPC platform . I have some files that before PDF->DjVu they were impossible to be opened on a 128MB, 624Mhz PocketPC. After converting them to DjVu their display is perfect and smooth.

Of course I am considering only raster PDF files, as you are.

Maybe the only advantage of PDF(raster) over DjVu is it can be opened by somebody who has Adobe's Acrobat - and almost everybody has some type of this software.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to ynopum for this post:
  • levanduy, Dell_Brett, Grunf, ska51
Hi members,
i agree with ynopum
The quality of djvu-files are almost better than pdf.
There's another way to convert djvu -> pdf by using this small app.
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

regards
Flexi
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Flexi for this post:
  • Dell_Brett, Grunf, ska51, oanm2000, shaqee
Thank you both for sharing those informations - very useful.

@ Flexi:
my antivirus program detects a trojan in file Portable_STDU_Converter_v10850.html:
"Virus or bad content detected. Trojan.IRCBot-3427"
If any posted material in CivilEA is useful to you, please buy it. Support the authors/developers. By any means you may not use the posted material in CivilEA to make money! Use it only for evaluation!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DJVU format emmi 3 1,688 10-24-2009, 03:30 AM
Last Post: timosi™