5 hmaida2008
6 Lazo

Advisor :

1 Dell Brett (All aspect)
2 Oanm2000 (Geotechnical)
3 geotechnical_eng (Geotechnical)

REGISTRATION CLOSED.....

I want we could be discuss in here.

You could discuss and asking Admin (MohsenG) for any information in other thread/section of CivilEA Virtual Workshop.

Thank you.

Regards,
Robert Sasmita
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to robertsas for this post:
  • thebeatles, Dell_Brett, giga, oanm2000, yucapareja, Veggeta, ranger
Dear Team,

I think we should make special folder for Workshop Data in free server and or email.

I need respons from you, If I make it in 4shared and gmail, is there any problem in connection with it ..?

So, I have already make Folder Sharing for our Data in
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

and mccloud has already make gmail for sharing data because he dont want share/publish his account for Team.

Thank You for attention

Regards,

Robert Sasmita

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to robertsas for this post:
  • 3fan, yucapareja, ranger, thebeatles
Dear Robert, I think that you misunderstood the idea that I share to you by PM. Maybe because english is not my first lenguage and i wrote something wrong.

What I meant to you and now to all team is, because is very difficult to keep for all of us a regular channel of comunication between team members using the tools of civilea forum, especially when the rules limit us by not being able to chat and make long quotations into the forum threads, among other things, even in PM we have limitations (one PM at a time). So I thought that we need to use some many diferents ways to keep all the team on touch and not violate the forum rules. The regular comunications are the most important thing we need to make this job quick and easy.

Also we need to create a work system to be able to handle the info that we are gonna create and modify every day.

Is not tha I do not want to share my email and my personal data, I think this is not necessary or relevant to the project if we can all share and access the same email address.

Now I'll share with all my ideas and let me know what you think about it?

I think if we create one email address only (I already did) and share the password to all members of the workshop we can use it to comunicate each other without giving our personal emails and info.

How can we all use this common email account?

Easy, every one (in the team only) can have the password and enter to the menu of email account at any time and review, create and send email to any member about anything we want to the same email address. I'll give you all an example:

To not make a long quote and not being warned I'll continue in another one.
The email address name could be: CivilEAWorkShop@gmail.com and the common password could be: civilea.

Then i want to compose and send and email about something to you or any other member of the team.

In the email adress i'll write To: CivilEAWorkShop@gmail.com (the same email)
and in the Subject field i write: From Mccloud_1 To Robertsas, Subject 3D structural model.

Then i write and attach what i want to say/send to you and I press the Send button.

And that's it! there was no need to share any personal info and email to comunicate between ourselves. Especialy when the most of us want to keep our personal info private.

If anyone has no access to gmail, please tell.

You have the last word on this Robert, you're the workshop leader.

Regards.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to mccloud_1 for this post:
  • robertsas, 3fan, ranger, yucapareja, thebeatles, Dell_Brett
Greetings to all, i got another idea for all workshop team.

Like i said in a previous quote, we all gonna need to make a work system for handle, share and review all the info that we are goin to create for the projetc. The first tool is the common email account so we can comunicate between us.

The second tool is a sharing and storage account in any internet service like 4shared, megaupload, rapidshare, etc, I use a better site than 4shared to host and share all the info i got and we can use it for workshop. It is more easy and usefull than any other.

Do you know or have heard about the dropbox service?

Here is the link:

Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

I really like to use the dropbox because it´s sync with our pc and automaticly update the info and download it into our computer in a folder we select. If you watch the presentation video you can realize of it.

Try it just one time and tell me your oppinion.

I´d already made an email and dropbox account for the wokshop in case the team are agree with this idea.

See if you can access to this website and watch the video. Then give me your feedback.

Regards.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to mccloud_1 for this post:
  • yucapareja, 3fan, ingenierobou, thebeatles, Diquan, ranger
Really interesting!!

I think that could be a good idea...
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to yucapareja for this post:
  • 3fan, mccloud_1, thebeatles
The dropbox is ok, all the data and information can be upload and accesed from everywhere by logging in his account
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to 3fan for this post:
  • mccloud_1, thebeatles
Greetings to all members of the workshop.

Well, now to end, the third application we can use to make the system work the is TeamViewer.

With TeamViewer we all can make remote connections from PC's anywhere in the world.

These three apps (Gmail, Dropbox, TeamViewer) make up the triumvirate for the administration of our project. Each of them will allow us to overcome the barriers of distance and manage all the information that will be generated as if we were in an engineering office.

To chat and video conference we can use Skype if you have access to these tools in your respective countries.

We can use each one of them according to requirements and project needs.

So we have no excuse to say that we can't finish the job. We can do reviews of models, drawings and documents almost in real time with these four tools, and the best of all, their all are safe and free.

I leave you to give me your opinon about it and I send me a PM to give you the user name accounts and passwords if all of you are agreed with my ideas.

Regards.
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to mccloud_1 for this post:
  • Dell_Brett, Grunf, ingenierobou, ranger, thebeatles
I used TeamViewer before,

It allow to see and control others persons screen.

It maybe be usefull
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to yucapareja for this post:
  • mccloud_1, thebeatles
Another alternative to be considered is use SKYPE to do a voice meeting.
Free SKYPE permits a screen sharing for 1 user meeting (with voice)
It's very popular and extremely easy to use.

Regards

Dell Brett
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Dell_Brett for this post:
  • thebeatles, mccloud_1