Current time: 10-16-2018, 12:34 AM
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: igor1234
Last Post: RANA WASEEM
Replies 6
Views 3164

New Programming Discusion Section
Dear Admin,

For a long time I am using this forum and I have notice that there are users who are doing programming (writing own subroutines). Also I am having many open source subroutines/programs and I do not know in which section to post them.

I would like to suggest you, surely if could be implemented into civilea forum, to be opened a new section under software topic named as "Codes" or other name where users can share codes.
I know that there is a section "Engineering Spreadsheet" but I think that is not appropriate place for this propose.

I know that for professional programmers there are many forums and of course I am using them. This is hard request because the topics that Civilea forum is dealing with will be too wide. But I think that such a section should exist.

I do hope that other civil engineering programmers will support my suggestion.

Thanks to all,
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to igor1234 for this post:
  • jcbv, Administrator , uetian19, Sumatra, mecheil.edwar, RANA WASEEM, hmwere, jf28
Dear Igor

I appreciate your initative,I do agree that programming codes(subroutines) need a equivalent status to drawing forum and calculations.

@MOD
It is very important recquirement to have a programming forum, or atleast a subforum and lets look the section in new light and give its due weightage

Thanks & Regards

Anup S
1.Read and Follow the Forum RULES Strictly & Carefully.
2.Always Search Before Posting new materials or Requests.
3.Use all Software's or Books shared in our Forum for EVALUATION Purpose,If you like these materials,Strictly suggested to Buy for Supporting the Developers

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to adshrt for this post:
  • igor1234
There is a "software" section in the forum.
And, YES, this section is not only for руrаtеd commercial programs!
Yes, there is topic a "Software" and under this topic there are many sections.
No one of this section is right place for posting source codes.
So my Idea was to be opened a new section for posting a free source codes.

It seams no other in this forum is interested in creating a new source code section.
So most of the members are only interested as ynopum said in using the non licensed software.

[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to igor1234 for this post:
  • AG.NAYEL, NAUTILUS87, jcbv, Dell_Brett, Sumatra, mecheil.edwar, RANA WASEEM, hmwere, kostis
i welcome igor's suggestion as a CAE programmer my self , it will be great to share our codes civilea members
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to NAUTILUS87 for this post:
  • igor1234, jcbv, Dell_Brett, RedHorse, Sumatra, RANA WASEEM, hmwere
I'm very junior, but I can't agree igor1234 anymore

Life is Nonlinear
i think sharing the source code is a good point. I my self want to share some Visual Basic tools codes. So why not create a separate section for CIVIL ENGINEERING / NON CIVIL ENGINEERING PROGRAM SOURCE CODES. so that if any body makes a program, he would be able to share it with other users for improvement, suggestions.
WS
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to RANA WASEEM for this post:
  • hmwere, ravisbassi, vccalderon