Civil Engineering Association
Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Various (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Free Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) (/thread-5528.html)

Pages: 1 2

Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - niki102 - 10-31-2009

Hello, FriendZ...

I have started this thread in order to improver our ONLINE performance.

Let's start discussing...

************************************************************************************************

Trick 1 : MegaUpload - NO CountDOWN

This trick helps u to download Megaupload links without any delay and without any speed restrictions..
(but don't allow parallel downloads)

Our Megaupload links are somewhat like this.....
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

first try this link..

Then after u add prefix/suffix "mgr_dl.php"
as shown below
http://www.megaupload.com/mgr_dl.php?d=KAWQ4D4F

And try this link
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

This will allows u direct fast download..

So, Friends now onwards PLEASE post ur megaupload links with this prefix

RE: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - king12 - 11-04-2009

Is there any way to increase your download speed mine is very less it takes around 75mins to download 100MB file

Phising - Grunf - 11-04-2009

If you have premium account on rapidshare site (or some other site) make sure that you aren't typing your password and user name on pages like:

Code:

Some users are using this way of fraud and steal your personal informations (user name and pass) so be careful when using your premium Rapidshare and other accounts.

This kind of fraud is called PHISING:
Code:

Regards
G
@ king12

It is hard to give the answer to your question unless you tell me where are you from (country), what kind of modem are you using and what is the speed of your modem/ connection? Are you connecting to the Internet via wireless, cable or through another computer? Are you using Firefox, Internet Explorer or some thing else?
There are some ways to speed up your Internet connection but all depends on what you are using to connect to the Internet. Some Internet connections are slow because you are downloading somethin trough servers which are very far from you (other state/ country/ continent).

Best regards
G

RE: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - king12 - 11-04-2009

Dear Grunf,
country- india
what kind of modem - beetel 450bxi ADSL2+Modem
Are you connecting to the Internet : trough cable
Are you using Firefox: yes
I know that 20% increase in speed by ressting in xp but it really doesnt help

RE: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - Grunf - 11-13-2009

Dear king12

I'm trying to find the solution to your problem for the last two days and there is nothing I can think of, except... Is it possible that you have antenna on your modem? If so, maybe someone is connecting to your modem using wireless connection and thus your download speed is low... If I'm right, then protect your modem using WAP or WEP protection. Try to contact your local Internet provider/ dealer. Maybe it is their fault that your connection is too slow. I am sorry that I couldn't get you better solution to this problem. Currently I can't remeber other solution. You have good modem. ADSL shouldn't have slow connection. If I remember something else, I'll contact you as soon as possible. The best way for me to solve some problem when dealing computers is to actually "see" the problem/ to sit in front of your computer and search the solution..

Best regards

RE: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - king12 - 11-13-2009

Dear Grunf
Thank you for actively replying.
Yes I have antenna also protected with wep key. But I was thinking of increasing the bandwidth say if your bandwidth is 256Kbps then its possible to increase by 500%? I heard of a software which does this trick its called download %direct. My friend had used it which i guess was cracked version he said it boosted his speed. I suggested not to use it coz it was cracked version and he will be online. So they may track.
Likewise i just thought if its possible to increase the speed. Of course without buying new plan.

Boost Up internet speed without any software.. - niki102 - 11-21-2009

@ king12,,

also to all forum members,.

Here is the trick for increasing internet speed for windows users. 100 % working with all operating systems.

[Image: 61443091784551482343.jpg]

Above 90% computers all over the world run Windows... and hence another computer trick.

FACT
But do you know that about 20% of your internet bandwidth is reserved by Microsoft.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uses of Reserved Bandwidth
** Windows Automatic Updates rely on this reserved bandwidth.
** Fast loading Microsoft Websites
** Sending Error Reports
** Online Help support in Microsoft Office
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But this can be recovered back...
The Remedy
** Start >> Run
** Type gpedit.msc
** This opens the Policy Editor
** Now, Local Computer Policy >> Computer Configuration
** Then, Administrative Templates >> Network
** Now, click on QOS Packet Scheduler
** Now, on Right hand side
** Double Click Limit reservable bandwidth
** Now in Setting Tab

********************* NOTE **********************
It says : Not Configured
Reality : The Explain Tab says "By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection"

** So, on Setting Tab select Enabled
** Now, change Bandwidth limit (%) to 0 (Zero)

********************** NOTE ********************
Misconcept : This don't means that you won't be able to communicate with Microsoft or any its services !!!
Actually : This reserved Bandwidth is only to accelerate Microsoft internet connections more than other connections !!!

My Best Regards to all of u.....
niki102

Test your ANTIVIRUS - niki102 - 11-22-2009

Copy and paste the code below into notebook

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

(The text should be in one line.)
Don't worry, this will not harm ur system.

Save file as "checkantivirus.com" including quotation-marks (make sure it is saved in extention . com)

A few seconds after saving this file, your Anti-Virus should come with the message that this file is infected with virus asking permission for its deletion/clean.

*** This file is secure and its not going to infect your computer in whatever way. It is a standard text developed by the European Institute for Computer Anti-virus Research (EICAR). Every Anti-Virus is programed to load this file as a virus.***

If your Anti-Virus will not detect this file as a virus, a program will appear as DOS window with this text EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE.
If this happens then you should probably find some other Anti-Virus up to date as you are not fully protected.

Quote:If ur antivirus detects virus only just while writing a notpad file, then ur antivirus is simply very good.

RE: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - vinnunsam - 11-24-2009

Quote:Boost Up internet speed without any software..
@ king12,,

also to all forum members,.

Here is the trick for increasing internet speed for windows users. 100 % working with all operating systems.

Dear niki102,

I used the exact letters that you had provided, that are to be entered in RUN. But nothing seems to be popping up other than an error. Could you please give more guidance about what actually need to be done. The screen shots are below. You'll have more idea of what am actually talking about when you look at them. I am using a licensed version of Windows Vista - 32 bit.

[Image: 98933264060458775723.jpg]
[Image: 54166915150208756928.jpg]

RE: Share ur Knowledge (Internet Tips & Tricks) - tgbyhn1234 - 11-24-2009

XP Pro, OR Vista Ultimate, Business, or Enterprise.

Only above editions of Windows have GPEdit.msc.