Civil Engineering Association
Duplicate User Warning - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: Rules & Privacy of CivilEA (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Duplicate User Warning (/thread-548.html)

Pages: 1 2

Duplicate User Warning - Administrator - 02-18-2009

Hi

we check all IP & user. we understand that some user have 2 or more accounts here,
but we don`t delete their accounts up to 20-Feb, if any user have 2 or more accounts here PM me to keep 1 accounts.
after this date, we will delete all duplicate usernames with same IP, also we will ban IP.
:)
regards
admin

Dear Admin, please erase my account Despyc - Apache - 02-18-2009

Dear Admin,

excuse me, I have 2 accounts in your site as Apache and as Despyc. I have mistaken to sign up 2 accounts. Forgive me.
I have tried to cancel one account but without success. Please erase to me the account Despyc so I will have only one account as Apache. Many, many thanks

Best Regards from Apache

RE: Dear Admin, please erase my account Despyc - Administrator - 02-19-2009

(02-18-2009, 09:00 PM)Apache Wrote: Dear Admin,

excuse me, I have 2 accounts in your site as Apache and as Despyc. I have mistaken to sign up 2 accounts. Forgive me.
I have tried to cancel one account but without success. Please erase to me the account Despyc so I will have only one account as Apache. Many, many thanks

Best Regards from Apache

hi

thanks for your report
your second account will be deleted soon.;)

RE: Duplicate User Warning - Administrator - 09-05-2009

we start to find user that have two or more account in our site, we stop to ban them up to 10-sep-2009 & then we ban them from IP.
they can tell use their username & keep one of them for him up to 10-sep-2009

RE: Duplicate User Warning - yakwetu - 01-10-2010

I have observed lately that some members who get banned from this forum quickly get back under a different username once registration reopens and some .

My other observation is that when registration is closed we tend to see quality in the posts, but once registration reopens hell breaks loose and some newbies literary go on rampage with spamming. I don't know what mechanisms need to be put in place to ensure that our newbies read the rules before posting.

RE: Duplicate User Warning - Dell_Brett - 01-10-2010

Dear Yakwetu,

Be sure that our Admin, the super-moderators and all moderators are having a series of talks and discussions on how to deal with this issue. is important that the forum is open to new, because we have a lot of excellent professionals who have much to teach and share, and we want them here. Of course, children, irresponsible and immature also appear, but this is the (hard) work to the moderators.
What's important is that people like you who are attentive to the behavior of the forum and predisposed to help, help us always showing inappropriate behavior. Use REPORT button to do it!

Kindly regards

Dell Brett

RE: Duplicate User Warning - atul_123 - 10-21-2010

i want to ask admin that i am using my id at home as well as office as if one ip have to id than it is considered as duplicate but i am using more than 1 ip for one id it is not a problem for me?

and if my office fellow want to join from same ip than do i am going to fave any problem because in office we have broadband connection with static ip?

RE: Duplicate User Warning - BennyP - 10-21-2010

Full misunderstanding.
It's forbiden to register in forum with more than one account. Users with more than one account when discovered will be imediately banned.
All of us use different computers at home or at work and different ISP. I connect sometimes simultaneous fro two computers and of course two different IP addresses but with the same user name.

RE: Duplicate User Warning - Administrator - 10-21-2010

(10-21-2010, 09:05 AM)atul_123 Wrote: i want to ask admin that i am using my id at home as well as office as if one ip have to id than it is considered as duplicate but i am using more than 1 ip for one id it is not a problem for me?

and if my office fellow want to join from same ip than do i am going to fave any problem because in office we have broadband connection with static ip?

no, it is impossible to one IP per one ID ...
most user use dynamic IP (include me).

duplicate user not mean all user with same IP, we in a office may be 10 or more user join CivilEA with same IP, we have procedure to find same user (even with different IP).
if you are single user don`t worry about anything (IP , ...)

RE: Duplicate User Warning - HungNguyen29 - 10-22-2010

Dear Admin,

I have an account in Civilea forum and my colleagues also have accounts. So, we have same IP of my company when accessing Civilea forum. Beside, I use different IP at home and at office.

I wonder all above cases mean Duplicate User. Could you explain my query?

Thank & BRs,
Hung