Civil Engineering Association
Inactive users will be dowgraded - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: CivilEA News (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: Inactive users will be dowgraded (/thread-51303.html)

Pages: 1 2

Inactive users will be dowgraded - Administrator - 07-05-2015

Dear all civilea users.
As you know we do not deactivate users that regustered and have minimum activity in forum. They used forum feature free for more than 3 years. 
Our policy is active user can use forum free and others need to pay to use forum.
At this stage we decided to deativate registered users that have not enough activity recently.
Be informed that activity is not mean useless posts so useless post lead to be ban rapidly.

We want to inform you by this post all inactive registered users that have not bought subscription plan yet will be downgraded to awaiting activation group soon.
I note that donors and subscriber are not included this action.

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - rusty - 07-05-2015

Dear Administrator, moderators,

Can we get more specific information regarding "recently" and "not enough activity"?
Thank you in advance.

regards,
rusty

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - ErnestoIII - 07-05-2015

Will the inactive users get a warning first? I suggest having an automated warning to members when they have reached an inactive stage of their membership.
How do we define inactive anyway? Recently I've noticed that people asks the same questions that was asked long time ago, thus, wouldn't bother replying again.

Thanks

Cheers
Ernesto

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - Administrator - 07-06-2015

(07-05-2015, 11:32 AM)rusty Wrote: Dear Administrator, moderators,

Can we get more specific information regarding "recently" and "not enough activity"?
Thank you in advance.

regards,
rusty

hello
we do not can explain more regarding recent activity and enough activity, since last time that we explain it many users start to sending useless posts in forum,
but as we said in forum we are looking to good activity that means having useful posts, reply in requests section and totally having positive distribution in forum.

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - Administrator - 07-06-2015

(07-05-2015, 11:34 AM)ErnestoIII Wrote: Will the inactive users get a warning first? I suggest having an automated warning to members when they have reached an inactive stage of their membership.
How do we define inactive anyway? Recently I've noticed that people asks the same questions that was asked long time ago, thus, wouldn't bother replying again.

Thanks

Cheers
Ernesto

No, this topic is common warning to all users that are not active in forum,
inactivity is define having no or few positive activity during registration time and during last year.
positive activity is mean having good participate in forum.

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - Administrator - 03-01-2017

I want to remind all members that all inactive members (Subscriber members are excluded) will be downgraded to "awaiting activation" group and they will need to pay subscription fee if they want use forum again.
Our first priority is activity of users and if they want to continue using forum free without paying subscription fee they shall have useful activity. I note that activity by posting useless post lead to banning and all of you know that what is useful activity in CivilEA.

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - BennyP - 03-07-2017

I want to add a more detailed expalantion.

This is my opinion and as usual we the staff will decide together after studying the issue.

1. Many years ago, we decided to downgrade users with less than 5 posts. Every user with still a lower number of posts after surviving and continuing after so many years to do nothing will be downgraded.

2. Some users have many posts but all or almost all are requests or problems. I think that everyone (mainly the users receiving a lot from others) can sometimes to post a new link or to answer to a request of another. So even if you have 50-60 posts you can be downgraded (I know one with 164 counted posts, 6.5 years in forum, 99% are requests and his problems but he saw himself as a moderator candidate). The same users with many posts but inactive for years (I saw one with the last post dated somewhere in 2011 and with about 50 posts before) are candidates for downgrading.

3. We have a new warning for useless posts so don't flood the forum with posts only for not be downgraded. Old and inactive users beginning to post only for posting will be banned without warnings. We don't like spammers but I like to ban they. You want to be inactive, is your right but or you leave the forum or you become a subscriber.

4. Why? I gave this answer to same users in the past. We are a forum and not a store and of course not a social aid organization where people take free and return home. A forum (especially an engineering forum) is a place where engineers communicate and help each other. Not all engineering forums are the same and if you want I will give you the URL of others where you can register and you can do nothing.

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - Administrator - 12-29-2021

Dear CivilEA users;
AS you know, A dynamic websites like CivilEA is alive with members activity.
For many years all features of CivilEA was free for all and we paid all cost of it ourselves. after a while some users start to donate us and after we decide to sell subscription for new users.
many users that have minimum activity in forum remain as registered users and had full access to forum, freely.
Today we need more useful activity sharing material by users.
now, I notice that after 13 years of live of CivilEA many users use it freely, but now we decide to downgrade inactive users to "Awaiting Activation" and they shall be buy subscription to use full access forum (or can spend the "EP Points").
Any registered users (Subscribers are excluded) that have not enough activity recently will be downgraded.

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - hatkam - 12-29-2021

Membership is a contract between two parties and when Civilea intend to downgrade a registered member its violating the contract, in the law
of Islam ( The contract is the law of the contracting parties) .
Thank You

RE: Inactive users will be dowgraded - Administrator - 12-29-2021

(12-29-2021, 01:04 PM)hatkam Wrote: Membership is a contract between two parties and when Civilea intend to downgrade a registered member its violating the contract, in the law
of Islam ( The contract is the law of the contracting parties) .
Thank You
access

hi
we do not downgrade any subscriber users, we are on our contract.
this is not free forum and users shall buy subscription to full access forum.
I think this is not fair many users shall buy subscription to have access forum and others without any activity freely access to forum for life time.
As we notice before ( 10 years ago, 7 years ago and 5 years ago) this access is temporary and our facilities are for active users.
we do not violating any contract. and this is not religious