Civil Engineering Association
Disagree and Greetings - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Various (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Free Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: Disagree and Greetings (/thread-34991.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Disagree and Greetings - granjero_mx - 04-03-2012

I disagree with the new politics of the site, that forces user to buy a membership for use the forum, 'cause the fundamental is share knowledge, you wrote this, so the new policy is against of this fundamental principle.

There are many sites, dozens as you say, that make money with other strategy, like ads, commercial or even they sell courses in engineering.

I won't pay in this life for download a software and his medicine, 'cause this is incorrect, we can not pay for download software illegally, even if below the posts, you strongly recommend to buy original software, this is only for academic purpose. Thera are dozens of sites that no charge and you can download whatever.

You are making money with the software uploaded by users, so the links below the posts belong the users, unless yours, show some respect to the property of other.

There are other sites, where we can share our links with others without paying anyone, if you have a site and represent a discharge money and don't know how to regain the investment, you must stop doing this until you discover a way to make money, without being a mercenary.

I invite other users to share your links in other sites, free of charge for downloaders and gifts to uploaders, everyone knows wich one.

And as always, the site administrator in an authoritarian act, this message will be removed without any respect for freedom of expression

Greetings

RE: Disagree and Greetings - kowheng - 04-04-2012

granjero_mx,

Understood and hope that this is your last post here.
And also hope that this is your last access here.

Kowheng

RE: Disagree and Greetings - usman - 04-04-2012

You don't need to pay money for access to the forum (or in other words for downloads)

read this post under heading Is there other ways? you will find the answer if you support knowledge sharing (just not leaching)
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

RE: Disagree and Greetings - BennyP - 04-04-2012

I will quote some paragraphes from granjero_mx post and try to answer.

Quote:cause this is incorrect, we can not pay for download software illegally

I hope you the sermonizer never downloaded and used illegal software and always bought it (the legal one). I find for you and others material in other sites and post here. You can do the same, google is free for all and i can tell you - i copy from other sites links of illegal software and repost but i use in my work only legal software. I install and try every software i find but the same day i delete it.

Quote:Thera are dozens of sites that no charge and you can download whatever.

Download what, legal or illegal? Your problem begins only when you can't download for free ?

Quote:There are other sites, where we can share our links with others without paying anyone

We can share - you wrote. We ? This is your first post here and excepting the frustration you share with other inactive users i can't find something else.

Quote:You are making money with the software uploaded by users, so the links below the posts belong the users, unless yours, show some respect to the property of other.

You're right mr. preacher you have 0 posts and i have more than 2400, you never done something for the forum but i donated my time and money, all our moderators posted thousands of posts and some of them donated money too. We, the people posting here are engineers working as every one, we have familly, debts, problems as every one but we share with others.
You the lazy boy, after 18 months here the only thing you find to tell us is to complain about the policy and administrator. As you can see your post was not deleted (another user after saying the same using dirty words was banned). He pressed thanks for your post as another two users.

Every one have his opinion but can i ask rusty and lamkin about this poll ?

Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html

Admin wrote about 3 years ago

Quote:Hi

all inactive user will be deleted soon.
this is last notice for all user that only customer...
we need user that share their knowledge ...
all user that have no enough useful post will be deleted permanently...

Regards
Admin

Well, after three years he done this step but who is between users saying yes and agreed with his post in the poll - lamkin and rusty.
In this thread you can find 9 pages of different opinions and the post #58 is very funny considering that the user was downgraded more than 2 years after writing his sugestion.

Dear users, or you begin to share or you can go to the dozens of sites granjero mentioned in his post.
If you want to continue to exploit only the forum you must pay and if not please leave us and stop to post here.

RE: Disagree and Greetings - Administrator - 04-04-2012

we no need money from subscription fees, we paid huge cost of civilea during last 4 years without any donations from users. But some users like a leecher, they want only to use and not to share. We need sharing only not more not less.
Do you think it is fair some users (about 400-500 users) spend their time here and post new material, help others, answer the problems and a lot of others (more than 25000 users) only use and leech server resource? This is a democracy that leechers want?

Subscription fee is nothing against the time that we spend here, against the server and maintenance cost and ...
We are expert engineers (Me and Moderators) that we can earn a lot of money outside Forum but here nothing.
we give users ability to spend their points without paying!
You want simplest way: "Free Access without any effort" and this is not our policy.

You are member of civilea for more than 1.5 years and you have not any posts here (Even you do not congratulate new years to others!!!) but you have about 500 EP! meanwhile if you post 4-5 topic/post here or if you share at least one material or you help only one user or ... or ... you are not downgraded user now!
please tell me what is benefit of you for other? please tell me what other user miss if we cut access from some user like you?
Nothing miss also earn more benefit, more speed of forum.

Please understand, we do not need money from users! for your information only: we pay about 1000$ for one of our server yearly, please add to this cost of backup server, cost of maintenance , cost of modifying codes of forum, and many others ....

We do not worry about users that only use forum and not have any responsibility.

Regards,
Admin,

RE: Disagree and Greetings - lamkin - 04-04-2012

Hi Benny,

I am agree with the policy to deactivate user account who have zero contribution to the forum.
I disagree with some of the inactive user donate to become so called 'donator' and provided access to the forum.

Its up to admin to decide since he was the person who paid cost for this forum. Anyway, this is my opinion regarding the matter. Tq

RE: Disagree and Greetings - BennyP - 04-04-2012

Dear lamkin,

I understand your opinion and i can say i agree with.

We want more users but more users logged in means more bandwith, stronger servers and of course more money.

The result of three years of free forum you can see. A small group of users share and the majority leech.

I remember the days when every day registered about 100 new users and we (the moderators) deleted, warned and banned the spammers searching here a girlfriend or trying to sell something.
You can't imagine how many stupid posts you never seen because we deleted before giving you the oportunity to save your time.

New users if they want activation must pay and they can respect froum rules or to pay one more time after banning.

We prefere after paying the first subscribtion users share and never pay money after this first payment but renew subscription using Engineering Points.
If someone don't share he will pay one more time but at least his money will help to save the forum alive and to give others a place for sharing.

Old users received during the years warnings about our intention to downgrade inactive users but now when we downgraded they we receive funny messages telling - "What do you want, i'm active, i login in forum several times a week."

Our answer - please don't.

We don't need only users logging and leeching, congratulating every new year or holliday but users helping and sharing the knowledge.

I can tell you too the reason is not 0 posts only but we downgraded user with more than 100 posts because he posted only requests and never something else.
As you can see more users were downgraded after the first automatic round and the inactive users have a last chance to begin sharing.

RE: Disagree and Greetings - Andrew seah - 04-04-2012

I do agree to pay the subscription fee which is fair for people who spend their golden time and effort to share with others. But i would like to point out is that i am not a computer expert i am still learning how to make full use of the functions of the computer. My time in University we used the main frame to do our course study unlike today desk top computer as well as laptop. I am shame to tell till now i donot know how to upload any software/books to this forum. I even ask my friend but he doesnt know. I do make many mistake in this forum but i do appreciate those people hardwork and time where i learn and gain a lot from this forum. I wish to contribute but i dont how to go about it and hope someone can share it. I do thanks/grateful to those who are generous to share and contribute in this forum.

RE: Disagree and Greetings - Achye - 04-04-2012

I agree to pay the subscription fee. its also the way to support forum and website . And the subscription fee is not too expensive for 1 year to acess forum.
Hope CIVILEA will strongly develop in future.

RE: Disagree and Greetings - mybest - 04-04-2012

Dear granjero_mx
A couple of words for you
So Sweet

I don't care who you are but I want you to know that I am a student(still undergraduate). Just like ordinary student, my daily work only learn and learn.
When I know about CivilEA, I save my money for a month, looking for a man for a month who can help to pay via paypal and then extent another 1 month because he said I have to give him $5 additional money because of his serviceSad
Even if I have to pay more, but I am happy and never complain.

Let me quote some of your texts

Quote:that forces user to buy a membership for use the forum
As I know, for old member like you, given chance to share their knowledge or something else, after you have enough contribution, you don't have to pay anymore because contribution is a donation. But If you refuse to share then you have to leave or if you love this place then pay! Because you give additional load on our server, and you pay for that. CivilEA is not money oriented, we love members who share, that's why we respect them by don't have to pay.

Quote:cause the fundamental is share knowledge
I hope you are in good condition when you typing those nice words. yes, you are right. Forum means share. No worries about that. Forum not only take but also give.
But my question, have you ever share? at least once only? Never!!!
Ask yourself, are you still deserve to stay here?

Quote:I won't pay in this life for download a software and his medicine, 'cause this is incorrect, we can not pay for download software illegally, even if below the posts, you strongly recommend to buy original software, this is only for academic purpose

I've tell you, I am a student. I spend months only to collect $20.
Most of software price more than $1000. If I have to pay, Maybe, I already rest in peace if I want to collect money only for learn some application.
And just like you said, at the bottom of posts wrote For Evaluation Only or Not for making money. yes, I use it only for study and not for money.
And I think you don't have to pay anymore. If someday you miss CivilEA and decided to pay(not donate), I hope BennyP want to refund your money.
Without you, we still alive. and without you, our server load decrease. thanks, if you want to stay away.

Quote:And as always, the site administrator in an authoritarian act, this message will be removed without any respect for freedom of expression
you see? Is this great thread deleted? NO!!!
Everyone is freedom to express as long as it follow every single of our rule.

Anyway, I am register in July, 2011, you in Oct 2010. But I already have more than 300 posts. Most of all are share. But you? Nothing.