Civil Engineering Association
Why my thread re-named ? - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: FAQs, Q&A, comments (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Why my thread re-named ? (/thread-21068.html)

Why my thread re-named ? - budis - 01-10-2011

Dear Admin, Protectors & Moderators
I don't know why "title of my thread being re-named" ? from "Please visit my thread containing my technical reviews / comments" become just "Member Review about "IBC 2000 & its related"
It's occur in my thread here :
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
I'm really sad with this change, it's totally reduce & restricted my contribution that I will give to CivilEA.
It was begin in this thread :
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
And from replies in above thread I conclude I got supports to continue my contribution.
My thread not only talk about IBC 2000, but many others, I already have plans to review some topics.
I hope name of my thread could be restored to "Please visit my thread containing my technical reviews / comments" as soon as possible.
Thx

RE: Why my thread re-named ? - Dell_Brett - 01-10-2011

Dear Budis,
I renamed your thread for a simple reason: They must be founded when using a SEARCH ENGINE!
You´re talking about "IBC 2000 and correlated" and it´s fundamental that the title are according!

About your comment: "...it's totally reduce & restricted my contribution that I will give to CivilEA...." Please.... Don´t be child!!! Create how many threads you want!!! When you start a new issue, please create a new thread with the correct name! otherwise, in a near future, we´ll have a large post, with several issues inside, with fail in search when made only by title!

Of course, if you´re feeling "really sad", I can return the old "GENERIC" name. But, You are engineer and must be clear and objective! Think about!

My best regards

Dell Brett

RE: Why my thread re-named ? - ravisbassi - 01-10-2011

(01-10-2011, 04:40 AM)budis Wrote: Dear Admin, Protectors & Moderators
I don't know why "title of my thread being re-named" ? from "Please visit my thread containing my technical reviews / comments" become just "Member Review about "IBC 2000 & its related"
My thread not only talk about IBC 2000, but many others, I already have plans to review some topics.
I hope name of my thread could be restored to "Please visit my thread containing my technical reviews / comments" as soon as possible.

budis - Personally I think that the renamed version makes more sense. Let us just look at your heading. Let us modify it slightly to include your name. Then it will read "Please visit budis' thread containing technical reviews / comments". This is member specific, and does not tell the reader what the topic is about. I would know because recently I have been keeping current, but a majority of our members will not have a clue. The new heading is more context based.

Let us say you want to review the steel code. That should be a new thread to avoid confusion with this one. See what I am getting at.

I think I understand where you are coming from. If you can write another post in the previous threads redirecting the readers to the new named thread(s), that will clear any confusion.

RE: Why my thread re-named ? - budis - 01-11-2011

Dear Mr Dell Brett & Mr ravisbassi

I think both of you forget my first purpose of my thread, plz re-read from my thread in suggestion forum.
I will review various topics that I know, not only IBC 2000.
It's very clear that I manage it in a tread so that visitors easily read all of my review in just visit a thread.

My tread ( since thread in suggestion forum ) already talk various topics :
- wrong performance points excel sheet
- relation of cost effectivity & number of basement story
- ACI 318/318M 1999 sway option & seismic zone ubc 1997
- ACI 318/318M 2008 sway option & SDC of ASCE 7-05
- IBC 2000 review part 1
- flat plate shear checking & increasing shear strength if Vu > (phi) x Vc
- seismic design of flat plate building + several new things related seismic desig of RC Wall in ACI 318 2008

Mr Dell Brett, if the matter just "easily to find in serach engine", I propose compromize below.
I propose win-win solution for this stuff, please re-named my thread become:
"Budis review related to structural analisis - earthquake engineering & design based on ACI318/318M, UBC 1997, IBC & related code"
I hope you can agree this compromize, because tittle review of IBC 2000 & related is too shallow.

I hope this stuff can be solved & managed well & then I can continue my review of the next topics
Thx

RE: Why my thread re-named ? - Dell_Brett - 01-11-2011

Dear Budis:

1- Each topic must be opened as a NEW THREAD;
2- This forum is not a personal Blog! So, titles like: "... Budis review related ..." is not convenient!;
3- You have no reason to stop sharing your knowledge, doubts and point of view! Go ahead!

Regards

Dell Brett

RE: Why my thread re-named ? - budis - 01-11-2011

Dear Mr Dell Brett

OK I will follow your suggestion.
I will create new thread for new topics

BUT, for topic related with IBC 2000 until 2009 I still continue it in that thread.
I still hope that you can change my thread name [ just to match the contents & the title, don't worry new topics will be at new thread as I said above ] became :
"Review on structural analisis - earthquake engineering & design based on ACI318/318M, UBC 1997, IBC & related code"

Agree Sir ?

I hope this matter can be solved & end soon & I can continue my review.
Thx

Moderator note:

Long title names not allowed by this blog. Make some tests to find the max size.

RE: Why my thread re-named ? - ravisbassi - 01-24-2011

Dear budis -

Now that you have had a couple of weeks vacation, can you please continue to share knowledge for the common good.

Please do not internalize. What is suggested in the forum makes sense. This is a democratic way of doing things. Win some, lose some. But at the end everyone is a winner.

So please, I am waiting for your next academic posting/continuation.