Civil Engineering Association
About Active & inactive User - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: CivilEA News (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: About Active & inactive User (/thread-1301.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: About Active & inactive User - Administrator - 09-03-2010

Only limitation for Inactive user is they can`t send PM, but they can received PM or send/receive profile Comments!!!

:clap:

RE: About Active & inactive User - mufti - 09-03-2010

Let the river of knowledge flow freely. The more we take from it, the more it increases in volume and strength.
However, the ones amongst us who are able to contribute, should do so.
Those who can upload, should upload.
Those who have knowledge, should spread this knowledge.
Those who have experience, should share this experience.
Those who are new in the profession, should seek advice.
This forum should be a like a family, each one helping the other.
I admit that I have been quite slack in all these respects.
So I intend to mend my ways.
Regards,
Mufti

RE: About Active & inactive User - PanosP - 09-06-2010

(09-03-2010, 10:42 AM)Admin Wrote: Only limitation for Inactive user is they can`t send PM, but they can received PM or send/receive profile Comments!!!

:clap:

Dear Admin,
I am not sure I understood correctly but it appears that inactive members can receive PM. Are these members capable of accessing/viewing these received messages? The reason for asking is that I tried to access an unread PM and I get the message "You cannot use the private messaging functionality as it has been disabled by the Administrator". What if this PM is from you for example regarding a warning?
Regards

RE: About Active & inactive User - Administrator - 09-06-2010

PM function disabled for all members (also admin & moderators) yesterdays for some reason.

RE: About Active & inactive User - durden - 09-09-2010

Dear Admin,

How about the points next to the profile we get upon signing in etc.
Do they influence whether someone is active/inactive user or is it all dependant on how much they post?

Regards

RE: About Active & inactive User - Administrator - 09-09-2010

(09-09-2010, 04:04 AM)durden Wrote: Dear Admin,

How about the points next to the profile we get upon signing in etc.
Do they influence whether someone is active/inactive user or is it all dependant on how much they post?

Regards

we are in testing point system, after a duration we limit some access by this point, may be access to some forum or access to post some section need a minimum points :gamer1:

RE: About Active & inactive User - secure - 09-12-2010

Thanks everybody for read me.. i hope the limitations for someone with a very little participation as me don't extend to much... i'll try to be more participative and i hope help in any sort of way to this forum..
@Dell Brett... my intention was not force us to post something as "good work" in order to maintain us active... of course click on the thanks button is easy enough for everybody (even for my!), in fact is a way to show good education... but i don't know if the thanks button will be considerate as a "post"... that was my intention... BTW thanks for reading me...

RE: About Active & inactive User - teresap989 - 10-05-2010

A lot of us are very experienced senior engineers and I do find the site has got lots of very interesting stuffs to read. I am kind disagree with the proposal to limit or delete members who do not post any comments or articles. But it does mean that we won't post in the future.

RE: About Active & inactive User - cart158 - 10-07-2010

Hi everybody..

I think the intention of this rules is good but maybe we need to do it gradually.

What i mean gradually means maybe admin can stop new registration for a while and start delete user with 0 post or any minimum post that you think is reasonable. Then maybe you can slightly increase the quota required to maintain active and educate user to be active and be a asset to the forum.

If most of you think sharing of knowledge within a small group of active people serve the main intention to built this forum, this might be fine.. but you might filter out some potential good active user throughout the process and it's not encouraged to do that...

This are just some of my personal opinion..

Regards

RE: About Active & inactive User - Hamza-MKD - 10-07-2010

To all,
As per removing some of the users from the forum if there is a reason, I do agree, but there should be a reason to take that action even for the sake of the server overload. I have to emphasize that most of the topics are covered from our colleagues, as books, software and giving advices for solving minor problems with software installation or some minor practical problems. I have to point that there should be much more attention given on giving advices and sharing knowledge on practical issues because all of us here have engineering background, some more and some less, but all of us are facing different problems each and every day.
My suggestion is not to let that the meaning of this forum to be only sharing of books, software but to be much more practical and I’m convinced that there should be done much more input from all users. Here it could be seen which users are in the forum only for downloading and the users that are contributing for sharing of knowledge and experience. Most of us cannot post new things due to that most of them are already covered and due to that we do not have much time being in front of computer and having internet connection. Reason for this is OUR JOB that is mainly on construction sites, and all involved on such kind of jobs know that sometimes there is not enough time even for the daily office paper works.
This is only my opinion, it is up to Admin and the Moderators to decide on future developments and at the end they are the ones who say the last word.
Regards,
Hamza-mkd