Civil Engineering Association
About Active & inactive User - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: CivilEA News (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: About Active & inactive User (/thread-1301.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: About Active & inactive User - neikrof - 09-02-2010

"I have dozens of bookmarked links that i have no time to verify and, if good, post here! (I can send to you someones!!!)"

Dear Dell Brett,
Please post the bookmarks which have not been verified here. I (and others supervising the topic) will try to give a hand.

RE: About Active & inactive User - ptqc06 - 09-02-2010

Initially, I want to give the best thanks to broad of this forum. I can not remember the day I found this forum, but I know exactly the exciting emotion when I firstly sign in forum. I tried to find the best and effective forum on internet for a long time, unexpectedly, I can not. Just until I saw this forum with all of sufficient material, I knew that I will never wander on internet more longer. With this forum, I can find out all things I need.
Though, I do not have much dedication to this forum, but I often go to forum and check the news or discussions and I always wish the best to our forum. Because of my limited knowledge and time, I just reply a little messages. However, If I know or can answer any question, I am always ready to give the feedback messages. Another problem is that, our forum is universal forum, so that we just have a small amount of common in knowledge or standard. Thus, before i reply or post anything, I must consider carefully. I'm working in design and consultant, therefore I have many things to exchange with our members, but we do not use the same standard, code and knowledge, so it is hard for me to post and explain in detail.
Finally, I hope the broad of forum can thoughtfully consider this decision. We are the world and we want devote anything even smallest.

RE: About Active & inactive User - cargadory2k - 09-02-2010

DELL DEAR BRETT, WITH A'M YOUR ORDERS
ESTIMATED DELL BRETT:

I PUT MYSELF AT YOUR SERVICE

CARGADOR

SORRY MY ENGLISH

RE: About Active & inactive User - Grunf - 09-02-2010

Yet, you don't have to know a word (OK, maybe two words: "mirror link" or "new link") to post a good, working link according to the forum rules - to be an active member. Read the forum rules before posting. If you don't know how to make upload, ask Google - Google is your friend. If I don't know something, I ask Google. My mother tongue is Croatian, not English - I do not know English very well, but I try every day to learn even a word of English - I use Google Translate to find a word I don't know or sometimes evan to compose a sentence... When I shown here at first I was afraid to post - but in time you learn more and more English word... Who says I knew everything from the start - we have rules to read, we have here guidlines/ manuals to learn how to use Post Generator and Image Host... everything is written and explained here, you need just to read...If something is not understandable for you, ask someone of the forum staff - we all are here to help you...

As I said once I just don't like leechers - people shows here, take what they need and run away to the next similar forum and repeate the action - I don't like to see people just taking stuff from here not evan saying thanks - it is not all about thanks, but sometimes to a poster that small "thanks" means that he/she is doing something good, something that "haven't gone by the wind". I believe that even every student can contribute to the forum in some discussions or by some upload - by providing good/ working link(s), I believe here is a lot of seniour, experienced members that could share their knowledge, if not in their own words, then by giving some references or by quoting some text from the books. I just can't believe that someone can say - I can't contribute to the forum because my english is bad - who says my english is good?! I'm learning english every day with you people and as I said by using Google Translate if I can't remeber (or if I don't know) a word I need... I can't believe people can't contribute because they don't have spare time to do the contribution - so how they can find a spare time to spend it here in this forum to download/ leech data for hours?! If someone does not know to write english, then how this member can read the books he/she downloaded from here, how he/she can read someone's useful post?! If some member can download 100 MB in one day, how he/she can't upload just 1 good MB in a month?!

With regards
G

RE: About Active & inactive User - ruwan75 - 09-02-2010

Just wanted to highlight something which I noticed since admin started this discussion. I have seen many new users not following the rules of the forum and trying to post these transparent links if how we call it. I think this is because they are worrying that they could remove from the forum soon if they don't contribute in some way.
I think this could be a problem. not to mention me my self warned few times to get my posting correct, like me many other new users seems to do the same mistake.

Thanks!

RE: About Active & inactive User - Administrator - 09-02-2010

I`ll speak about all things that you said here soon.

but

I notice & warn to all inactive user that start spamming here to upgrade to active user, this is not true way, with having negative point it is hard to upgrade to Active user.
now your limitation is low & it isn`t need to post anythings. try to post usefull material in true section base on our rules.
STOP SPAMMING PLEASE...

RE: About Active & inactive User - deadlord - 09-02-2010

Dear Admin,

considering this option,I've just voted No,not for that I'm not active,I acknowledge myself as an inactive user,I've only downloaded safe 12.3 from Civilea,but I think this forum should stay as it has always been a refuge to all that seek knowledge,haven't really found a better forum,but I can justify my inactivity by saying that most of the times there is a discussion the members are discussing something beyond my knowledge as I've still haven't graduated.

Also,the other option is a good one really because its really awful how someone tries to get benefit out of selling knowledge as you've stated earlier.

Thanks for your extraordinary efforts.
Husam.

RE: About Active & inactive User - kowheng - 09-02-2010

Whose posts was deleted or was warned within this period may be considered as the first priority to be filtered out.

Be careful to post according to forum rules.

RE: About Active & inactive User - renzt2 - 09-02-2010

I agree with this Limitations. lets prevent free riders fromutilizing the maximum potential of this forum. More Power my fellow Engineers!

RE: About Active & inactive User - secure - 09-02-2010

I´m totally disagree with this police,not everybody have enough technical knowledge to contribute, more than comment some post and give thanks...