Civil Engineering Association
About Active & inactive User - Printable Version

+- Civil Engineering Association (https://forum.civilea.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Discussion (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Forum: CivilEA News (https://forum.civilea.com/forum-76.html)
+--- Thread: About Active & inactive User (/thread-1301.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: About Active & inactive User - skyscraper - 09-02-2010

Honestly, I often come this website to find the books and comments I need. I got a lot of from you guys . Thanks about that.

However my contribution is zero. Quite embarrassment. The reason is my knowledge is limited or sometimes to be afraid to provide the possible unsure comments to everyone.

Since the warning from admin caused me a little bit of worries of possible can not access this website. That is I really do not want it happened. Anyway, admin, could you please to give us more time (probably in 2 months) to make us more active to contribute the useful knowledge.

Cheers

RE: About Active & inactive User - lasalleguy - 09-02-2010

hello:
A lot of us are very experienced senior engineers and I do find the site has got lots of very interesting stuffs to read. I am kind disagree with the proposal to limit or delete members who do not post any comments or articles. But it does mean that we won't post in the future.

cheers.

RE: About Active & inactive User - concreteok - 09-02-2010

there you are. you are experienced (but you keep quiet when some proffesion newbees ask something) and you find this place has a lot of interesting material. but you do not agree with limiting nor deleting membership of 'pure taker'. and most interesting thing is you tell us that you may post here again in 2012!

RE: About Active & inactive User - kkteo03 - 09-02-2010

Putting limitation on inactive user usually work instead of delete inactive user. Since not every use have ability to become active in the forum, active not equal to spam, if forcing inactive use to active in short time, the spam post will flood the forum.I am 3 months old civil engineer, i usually visit this forum to gain info, i wish to share, but with my experience, it is hard to convince people to accept my engineering advice.

RE: About Active & inactive User - BennyP - 09-02-2010

In this case i agree with kkteo03. Last hours the posts flood the forum indeed and because all those users trying to prevent the deletion and causing more load to our server i can't post and i can't moderate. Many users entering the forum one year or more run now to post something and show they didn't learn nothing about the forum and it's rules. Please stop posting garbage, you will be banned before the deletion because of faults you made.

RE: About Active & inactive User - cargadory2k - 09-02-2010

It seems that many are making comments, and most like me of reputation = 0, which says something that administered please, not everyone can be making important contributions. Thanks in advance.

PLEASE ADMINISTRATOR, WITH ALL RESPECT, THINK NOT ALL ARE PRESENTED IN TERMS OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT.
WILL BE FILLING THE FORUM OF SPAM.
THANKS FOR MY COMMENT ADDRESS

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH DEFECTIVE

THANK YOU

RE: About Active & inactive User - shaqee - 09-02-2010

A thing is beautiful when there is an eye to see its beauty. Transfer of knowledge between the experts and neophytes should be the basic objective of the forum. We should not restrain our self, rather improve the capacity to meet the increasing demands and be pleased to see that the members are growing day by day.

RE: About Active & inactive User - chicosi - 09-02-2010

I really understand the problem but, i point out that the majority of people living in Latin America have problem with the cost and availability of text books up to date. I think is a good way that between all help with the cost of the server, if this forum have 25000 member that speak about his importance, a lot of organizations will wish to have such amount of members. Please think about the bigger help you provide to the other 24500 people that no post, . My congratulation to yours for this great job. Remember that always we find some bad apple in the box, that is the human nature. Thanks a lot.

RE: About Active & inactive User - Dell_Brett - 09-02-2010

Cargador (loader), please keep in mind that isn't necessary be an savvy engineer to put good posts!
A example: Nowadays there's a member that put dozens of posts just as a mirror link. Not so bad, but hi lose the opportunity do to more than post mirrors: - Some threads have no description, no cover image, no formatted as our forum rules (using our Post Generator)...
This work certainly will increase the forum quality and it's a real good contribution!
Other think: - There's a lot of Request not answered yet!
I have dozens of bookmarked links that i have no time to verify and, if good, post here! (I can send to you someones!!!)
As I try to show you, there's a lot of things to do and it's enough be an enthusiast of engineering to do!

My kindly regards

Dell Brett

RE: About Active & inactive User - durden - 09-02-2010

I understand the problem, but i think some of us could be given more time to build up our "reputation" and allow us to share materials and knowledge we possess.

I myself am a graduate structural engineer working and currently pursuing postgraduate studies so i do not have all that much free time either.

I am sure most of us find this forum to be really useful in terms and also value being its proud members, so i think with more time input from us inactive users would surely be greater.

I also have some books i would like to share (once i figure out how to post them up), so i would certainly appreciate more time instead of simply being deleted off here.

Regards