Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Spreadsheets for design as per IS codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
uploading few spreadsheets for design as per IS codes.
(01-28-2010, 05:56 AM)irshad313 Wrote: [ -> ]uploading few spreadsheets for design as per IS codes.
Hy
Thanks, do you have spreadsheet for Moment distribution, slab,footing , column, windload on roof truss both horizontal and vertical
byee
do u have other structure element design sheets?????
one more work sheet!!!!!!!! for two way slab. Click on design to give input.
I thinks Beam design in post-1 is as per IS:456-2000 and not as per IS:13920 (code for ductile design), because as per IS:13920, design shear force shall be maximum of max. analysis shear force and shear force based on moment capacity with provided reinforcement. I think shear force based on moment capacity is not considered.
(07-11-2010, 12:49 PM)aslam Wrote: [ -> ]I thinks Beam design in post-1 is as per IS:456-2000 and not as per IS:13920 (code for ductile design), because as per IS:13920, design shear force shall be maximum of max. analysis shear force and shear force based on moment capacity with provided reinforcement. I think shear force based on moment capacity is not considered.

Dear Aslam,

Shear as per 13920 has been considered for shear design. For simplicity maxm of shear at each is doubled for designed instead of taking actual shear at each end.
"Doubling shear" is not "simplicity" but it is very crude way. IS:13920 have equations to calculate moment capacity and shear.
Will you post more IS code spreadsheet?? such as RC and Steel
(07-12-2010, 03:24 PM)aslam Wrote: [ -> ]"Doubling shear" is not "simplicity" but it is very crude way. IS:13920 have equations to calculate moment capacity and shear.

I have not doubled the shear, I meant that instead taking the moment capacity of each end of beam moment capacity of one end is taken and doubled. The formula given in 13920 is used. Well it can always be refined.
well calculation of moment capacity depends on

(1) Type of Beam section (Rectangular,L,T) based on existance of slab
(2) Doubly or singly reinforced section
(3) Position of N.Axis. etc.