Civil Engineering Association

Full Version: Keep your privacy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many of the software contact their servers without our knowledge. We think that the software is updating. Many of the software developers say that no personal information is exchanged with the server. But are you sure? :ihih: I'm not.

A firewall can not only prevent unauthorised access from the internet, but can also prevent unauthorised access to the internet. It is always good to check what all programs are trying to access the internet by using your firewall (either an independent one or the one in your security suite). If you find something suspicious, block it. :yes:

When you think about software, you should think about your operating system also. You can turn off the update feature easily. But you need the crucial updates don't you?
I think softwarepatch.com is a good website from which you can download updates and patches.

Regards,
I hope that you realise the importance of this thread. Especially since many of the users are using p*rtd software.
oops. Sorry! I forgot to put the link within code tags. Sorry mods. I couldn't find an edit button. So I couldn't edit it. Sorry.
Code:
Content of this section is hidden, You must be registered and activate your account to see this content. See this link to read how you can remove this limitation:

http://forum.civilea.com/thread-27464.html
Could any one please clarify me if there is any difference between this post and that posted by King12 in %cracked software % (post 97).
Regards
Teddy
About which post are you talking? Are you questioning the subject of the thread itself?
I am not questioning any thing but I asked a simple question (refer to and compare the two posts) that required a simple answer and not another question.
Regards
Teddy